Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Calendar & Contact Apps for IQ 701?

Are there calendar and contact apps out there that I can download or purchase?
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
why was it even stripped from android in the first place? I can sync with my gmail but not with my google calander? Why?
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RezzZ View Post
why was it even stripped from android in the first place? I can sync with my gmail but not with my google calander? Why?
May be it is a question of space? I don't know but it would be nice to be able to have my calendar + contacts with me. This way I don't have to carry an ereader + palm + a very old cell phone.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Because you need the official Google Calendar App to sync your calendar.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Anyone have a download link?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Mobileread

This .ZIP file I'm uploading contains the apps which come in the separate bundle for CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod is a very popular Android mod which had certain problems with Google because the modders were shipping proprietary apps of Google with their mods (such as GMail, Maps and so on). After a cease-and-desist letter, Cyanogen and his team decided to offer the proprietary apps unbundled from the CyanogenMod ROM, in a very similar fashion to the famous Microsoft solutions about Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player.

Try the Calendar Apps in this file, and see if they work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CMApps.zip (6.89 MB, 298 views)
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
that's not really an answer to my question . Why isn't the official Google Calendar App included on the IQ?

Memory shouldn't be a problem with 2GB internal storage...
Old 12-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Mobileread

This .ZIP file I'm uploading contains the apps which come in the separate bundle for CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod is a very popular Android mod which had certain problems with Google because the modders were shipping proprietary apps of Google with their mods (such as GMail, Maps and so on). After a cease-and-desist letter, Cyanogen and his team decided to offer the proprietary apps unbundled from the CyanogenMod ROM, in a very similar fashion to the famous Microsoft solutions about Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player.

Try the Calendar Apps in this file, and see if they work.
thanx! I'll give it a try.

Also have to find a way to extend battery life. With display off it's empty within a day .

edit: hmm, too bad, parsing errors. Can't run any of the APK's in the file

Last edited by RezzZ; 12-13-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
that's not really an answer to my question . Why isn't the official Google Calendar App included on the IQ?

Memory shouldn't be a problem with 2GB internal storage...
Memory *is* a problem because of the way Android manages memory.
(That's why you can only add a couple dozen apps totalling maybe 80MB.)

And, as pointed out above, the google propietary apps like Marketplace and Calender, among others, are not licensed for tablets.

Cause Google says so.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Memory *is* a problem because of the way Android manages memory.
(That's why you can only add a couple dozen apps totalling maybe 80MB.)

And, as pointed out above, the google propietary apps like Marketplace and Calender, among others, are not licensed for tablets.

Cause Google says so.
ok, thank you for explaining. To bad though .

edit: also to bad that we can only have 80MB for apps, when the IQ has and mSD of 2GB. An other strange thing is that I need to insert and extra SD card to download files (like the latest update). Why can't android just download it to the internal mSD? Another 'feature' of android?

Last edited by RezzZ; 12-14-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
An other strange thing is that I need to insert and extra SD card to download files (like the latest update). Why can't android just download it to the internal mSD? Another 'feature' of android?
Ding-ding-ding!
We have a winnah!
Yes, Google does know how to code Operating Systems, don't they?

The price is right but that's about it.
TINSTAAFL!

It's going to take the GIK a lot of effort to make up for the flaws in the OS architecture...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Google is making OTA updates in their Nexus (One and S) mobile phones, and no external card is necessary...
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:42 AM   #13
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Ding-ding-ding!
We have a winnah!
Yes, Google does know how to code Operating Systems, don't they?

The price is right but that's about it.
TINSTAAFL!

It's going to take the GIK a lot of effort to make up for the flaws in the OS architecture...
Let's see what the froyo update will bring us .

Any word of a gingerbread update in the future by any chance?