Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Haha, holidays... a lovely concept. But no, work.
you have my sympathies. good luck ! (holidays is purely conceptual in my world too)

Quote:
It was necessary before because typing with no hard line breaks would cause the line to reflow, and on long lines this was causing large slowdowns. New performance improvements have remedied that.

It is a lot nicer now, I agree.
ha okay, i didn't realise it was for performance reasons. i'm glad you've got it all sorted now, though.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you have my sympathies. good luck ! (holidays is purely conceptual in my world too)
Same here!

Say, somehow I can't edit the TOC via TOC editor anymore? Did you change something in the handling? Things load and save a lot faster now, though!

Work speed is enhanced enormously with a proper S&R now!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 11-25-2009 at 11:11 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #18
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Say, somehow I can't edit the TOC via TOC editor anymore? Did you change something in the handling?
Just tried it here, and it works as expected. Try to isolate the problem and create an issue on the tracker with the epub and steps necessary to reproduce.

But I didn't change anything in the TOC related to heading updates. All I did was make the TOC window remember its size and position across invocations.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Great work Valloric!

Just a note for others running Linux (Ubuntu 9.10 in my case), I had to delete my previous version (0.13) manually, otherwise the install would fail at the "preparing uninstall" stage.
How did I miss this post?

Anyway, did you uninstall the previous one or did you just try to install over an existing installation? You should always run the uninstaller first. In the folder where Sigil is installed, there's an "uninstall" executable (on Linux). Run that as root before installing a new release.

You won't lose any of your stored settings, like window sizes and positions, toolbar positions, last used zoom factors, recent files list etc...
Old 11-26-2009, 06:37 AM   #20
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
I'm having a slight problem with the Search function. When I do a search and click the Find Next button, the word gets found and highlighted, but it doesn't jump to it, and I have to scroll down to find the highlighted word.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.5.8.

And thank you so much for Sigil! It makes ebook reading so much easier.

ETA: Nevermind! I figured it out. I had Sigil at 130% zoom. I changed it back to 100%, and now when I click Find Next, it jumps to the next word. Just ignore me.

Last edited by Diana495; 11-26-2009 at 06:43 AM.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #21
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Ah, sigil won't open .epub if they have been renamed .zip.

Keep on the good job valoric, and tanks for this wonderfull tool
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #22
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Ah, sigil won't open .epub if they have been renamed .zip
Well of course it won't. A zip file is a zip file, and an epub file is an epub file. An importer subclass is chosen based on the file extension, and Sigil doesn't have a clue what to do with a zip file. Nor should it.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #23
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well of course it won't. A zip file is a zip file, and an epub file is an epub file. An importer subclass is chosen based on the file extension, and Sigil doesn't have a clue what to do with a zip file. Nor should it.
Mime type maybe ?
It just bugged me, as i hadn't seen the wrong extention at first.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #24
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Mime type maybe?
And there's a universal way of extracting a mime type from a file on disk? A way not based on the file's extension? For most/all file types?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #25
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
And there's a universal way of extracting a mime type from a file on disk? A way not based on the file's extension? For most/all file types?
I think some brower do, linux find a way without extentions too. Then, both might shows as "zip archive", so total fail there. Don't know.
Ah, if i take off extention alltogether, linux say "e-book document".

Last edited by EowynCarter; 11-26-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #26
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Many programs recognize file type based on content. Most file formats have fixed headers, easy to recognize. There could even be a GPL library for that lying around.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #27
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Many programs recognize file type based on content. Most file formats have fixed headers, easy to recognize. There could even be a GPL library for that lying around.
I am aware of this, yes. But it's such a trivial thing that brings so little to the end user and requires a substantial amount of effort to develop to a point where its mostly foolproof. There's a huge amount of work to be done on Sigil and since I can devote much less time to it than I'd like, I'd rather spend it on something more useful.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Quote:
...I'd rather spend it on something more useful.
Here, here.

I just wish I could donate some money to your efforts. Keep up the good work.

Etienne66
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Unix units have a file command that makes the work. It has a magic database to supplement the built in header data and can be extended by the user. Most Unix programs use the file utility to perform this function. On other platforms this functionality may or may not exist.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #30
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Unix units have a file command that makes the work. It has a magic database to supplement the built in header data and can be extended by the user. Most Unix programs use the file utility to perform this function. On other platforms this functionality may or may not exist.

Dale
unix has a magic database ?????? i must switch immediately !! does it come with a pony, too ????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote