Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
krnchunsa86
krnchunsa86 began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Converting HTML to EBUB to MOBI

When I tried doing this, it worked, but it got rid of the all quotation marks as well as all punctuation marks and left a weird symbol in place instead~!

I also tried copying and pasting it into text and saving it as a utf-8 file but the table of contents weren't preserved and I would like to have them preserved

Please help and explain it to me in layman's terms.

I also did try doing it the faq way, but it remained the same.

Below you'll see how the file looks after i try converting it from html to epub

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	78631  
krnchunsa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnchunsa86 View Post
When I tried doing this, it worked, but it got rid of the all quotation marks as well as all punctuation marks and left a weird symbol in place instead~!

I also tried copying and pasting it into text and saving it as a utf-8 file but the table of contents weren't preserved and I would like to have them preserved

Please help and explain it to me in layman's terms.

I also did try doing it the faq way, but it remained the same.

Below you'll see how the file looks after i try converting it from html to epub

Thank you!!
Those are Curly quotes. Try converting with (codepage) CP1252 set
on the conversion settings (override) for the book (The Preferences is Program wide default).

Once used in the book, the settings will be remembered. To clear and use the current system wide defaults, click the button near the bottom of the conversion screen.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
See manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#how-do-i-convert-my-file-containing-non-english-characters-or-smart-quotes
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
krnchunsa86
krnchunsa86 began at the beginning.

Device: Iphone
Ok, i fixed one problem and it worked for the most part, but when i tried converting a different file, this is what happened~! well actually this is also a html file, and i changed the settings like required and it worked, but when i tried converting this file...below is what happened, how do i fix that?

I did try changing the file plugin- tried all the common ones and now i dont know what to do~~Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	78632  

Last edited by krnchunsa86; 11-04-2011 at 08:03 PM.
krnchunsa86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion to epub, html, mobi, table of contents