Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #31
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
If something blows across the screen in the wind, no matter how small, yes it could trigger a page turn. If you have something lodged under the edge around the screen, the wind might constantly do it also. If you use canned air around the perimeter of the screen under that small lip, it would probably help, or gently brush under it with a soft-bristled brush.

I've occasionally had a bug walk across the screen and turn the page, and I find it amusing since it happens so rarely. Much less annoying to me than constantly struggling with every page turn.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #32
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I've occasionally had a bug walk across the screen and turn the page, and I find it amusing since it happens so rarely. Much less annoying to me than constantly struggling with every page turn.
Even tiny fruit flies can turn the page on an Aura HD.

When one lands on my screen I politely ask it to please not turn the page yet. Most of the times, flies don't care.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #33
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Those are page turning bugs !
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #34
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I've just heard of Kobo back early Nov last year. Mostly, when I connect eReaders to Kindles. And the no shop/store sells the Paperwhite/2 here in my country, unless you acquire it by dubious means (buying from people who illegally import it).

So I was browsing through a branch of our largest book/office/schoolsupply store here and there were 3 eReaders on display. The Touch, Glo, and Arc.

I was immediately hooked. I tried searching online for more info. So, of course, I went to Kobo's website and saw the devices. One thing that skipped my mind, though, is the fact that I'm only seeing our country/region's version of the site. So I thought that they were the only Kobo devices.

I bought the Glo Jan this year, thinking it was the newest and greatest eInk device from Kobo. Only to find out here that the Aura exists...

I was bummed out for a while, feeling cheated. But thinking about it, there was no way I was gonna get an Aura anyways. Not if I don't want to go through our ridiculous customs. Which I don't.

But if the Aura was available in our country, I would've chosen it. It seems more future-proof.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #35
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Don't feel bad about buying your Kobo Glow. It is a very good reader.
Glow not being latest greatest Kobo Reader when you bought it should mean you missed possible new model problems.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #36
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I'm not really not regretting buying the Glo. I love this device. But it would've been nice for Kobo if they didn't release their devices to only selected regions...
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote