Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #46
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I have added your file to the list it's number 18. To get what you want you need to use it together with number 5. The direct page control in the menu's don't have that history fix so you can go to page one with the direct page control function. Like I said in the direct page topic you now have to navigate the menu's, TOC, books, bookmarks and history with the joystick up and down.

Have fun! Let me know how it works for you.
i will check it out thanks

edit: it works great thanks diablo

by the way, if you know anyway to allow the use of N button to go N% of book list pages (just like the original ways it works inside book), i'd also love to try that, could give me 1 button hit instead of many button clicks

Last edited by ns66; 08-16-2007 at 06:49 PM.
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can the volume controls be used like other buttons? Or is there something very different about them?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #48
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
The volume buttons are just like the other ones. I was actually thinking of that, too, but I'm not sure what to use them for.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:45 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
The volume buttons are just like the other ones. I was actually thinking of that, too, but I'm not sure what to use them for.
I would like to use them for the 10 pages forward/back that we've lost along the way.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #50
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Oh you mean what was on the page flip hold? That's super easy. Replacing

<boolean key="0x41" do="doQuiet"/>
with
<boolean key="0x41" do="doFirst"/>

and
<boolean key="0x40" do="doLoud"/>
with
<boolean key="0x40" do="doLast"/>

in applicationStart.xml should do the trick. If anyone could check me on that, please do. I'm not at home, so I'm pulling that mostly from memory. No matter what, that should be safe to try.

(edit: adjusted the numbers to the correct ones)

Last edited by Nogg; 08-16-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 02:17 AM   #51
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would like to use them for the 10 pages forward/back that we've lost along the way.

Jon I made you hack 16 and that has the ten pages jump. I thought that you wanted it to work in that way.

Quote:
Hack includes: Direct page control inside books. Smaller fonts in menu's, bookmarks, history and TOC. Total pages counter inside book and menu's. Reset by "ENTER" press in about screen. Joystick (right and left) page flip. Circular page flip button becomes history back and forward. Page flip function with circular button still available by holding it down. Volume "+" and "-" flip ten pages forward and back. Clock in status bar.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #52
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I had a thought this morning: could the direct page control hack use the ENT button (clicking the jogstick) instead of the press & hold on next to activate?

If so, that would give the ten jump back, and the ENT isn't doing anything right now except flashing the bar-circle symbol in the status bar.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #53
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I had a thought this morning: could the direct page control hack use the ENT button (clicking the jogstick) instead of the press & hold on next to activate?

If so, that would give the ten jump back, and the ENT isn't doing anything right now except flashing the bar-circle symbol in the status bar.
The ENT button is used to activate a link in a book.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Jon I made you hack 16 and that has the ten pages jump. I thought that you wanted it to work in that way.
Totally spaced on that one. Thanks! I did recently update with hack #9. Now I have to do hack #16 later on.

And I can verify the batter meter is fixed. Mine got down to 1 bar and I just charged it and it's up to 4 now.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:18 PM   #55
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #56
jaffer1979
Enthusiast
jaffer1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: SonyPrs-500/Palm T|X
Wow thanks so much for the post!!! I came to the site looking for improvements for my reader and soon was lost in the sea of confusion and hacks this post made it so simple for me that I did something I almost never do. I registered at a forum and I did it just to thank you for the help!!
jaffer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #57
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer1979 View Post
Wow thanks so much for the post!!! I came to the site looking for improvements for my reader and soon was lost in the sea of confusion and hacks this post made it so simple for me that I did something I almost never do. I registered at a forum and I did it just to thank you for the help!!
You're more than welcome. MobileRead is a great forum with very nice and helpful people. So I like to take the opportunity to say welcome!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #58
Nogg
Literate!

Quote:
Since I was getting nowhere trying to get additional files to overwrite main.xml, I took a look at this.

I've modified diablo's code to allow for ENT to conclude a Direct Page Control entry as well as still letting link navigation work. It just defaults to normal link navigation unless the reader is in the process of queueing digits for DPC.

I need to make sure I've covered all the bases and then tested it fully, so I'll probably wait to post it until tonight or tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #59
NatCh
Gizmologist

Sweet!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #60
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Since I was getting nowhere trying to get additional files to overwrite main.xml, I took a look at this.

I've modified diablo's code to allow for ENT to conclude a Direct Page Control entry as well as still letting link navigation work. It just defaults to normal link navigation unless the reader is in the process of queueing digits for DPC.

I need to make sure I've covered all the bases and then tested it fully, so I'll probably wait to post it until tonight or tomorrow.
Cool! Did you use the solution that ns66 came up with to change the default "do" in applicationStart.xml? Like changing "doCenter" to "doCenterX" for example and then set a variable inside my code so when you press ENT you know what function to perform?