Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
KoboGlo Update from 3.8.0

My Glo was last updated last fall and now wants to update again before it will sync my last purchases. Is the next version an okay, stable one or should I just manually send my books to it from their website if this is possible? I love my little Glo and do not want it disabled or functioning poorly..
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The update should be to 3.12.1. It has worked problem free on my Glo, Touch and Aura H2O. The changes in 3.11.0 are significant and worthwhile. 3.12.0 has a couple of good changes and 3.12.1 just two fixes. Each of those threads have discussion on problems and some other changes people have found.

I say go ahead. If you are buying books from Kobo, then you need to do the update sooner or later. If you want to delay the update, you can connect to a PC and delete the update files before they are applied. But, the next time you do a sync, the update will be downloaded again. Or you have to patch the firmware to prevent it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #3
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
It did update and I like the new options, especially page numbers. Glo is working great.. Happy reader here!
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, update