Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Kindle 2 and Mac

I k now this is going to sound dumb... You should be able to simply plug the K2 into the USB port on a Mac and it should show up as a removable media device right...
I plug mine in and nothing Is there some special trick that I am missing?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:05 AM   #2
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle 3
You are correct. It should show up as a removable drive on the desktop automatically. It may take a moment for it to show up. You should make certain that it is plugged directly into a USB port on the computer rather than the port on the keyboard if you are using a desktop. Also, be sure that the Kindle is powered on rather than in sleep mode.
jeremy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing... The little charging light comes one but that is about it. I even cycled it from on to sleep back to on. It is plugged into the only USB slot (MacBook Air)
Well shit-on-a-chicken... I am going to have to figure this thing out...
Old 03-11-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
It's the Mac. Trade it in for a new one...
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #5
KindleDude
Connoisseur
KindleDude doesn't litterKindleDude doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Instead of recycling it from sleep, have you tried a full restart?
KindleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
greyparrot
eBook enthusiast
greyparrot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX/Kindle 2/Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I plug mine in and nothing Is there some special trick that I am missing?
I had this problem the first time I plugged my K2 into my Powerbook G4. I solved the it by resetting the K2.

[If your Kindle does not power on or is unresponsive during use, try resetting the device by disconnecting your Kindle from any power source, and then sliding and holding the power switch for 15 seconds before releasing.]

I've had no problems since, give it a try.
greyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyparrot View Post
I had this problem the first time I plugged my K2 into my Powerbook G4. I solved the it by resetting the K2.

[If your Kindle does not power on or is unresponsive during use, try resetting the device by disconnecting your Kindle from any power source, and then sliding and holding the power switch for 15 seconds before releasing.]

And if you want to try and restart quicker you can click Menu>Settings>Menu>Restart.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried using different USB ports on your Mac? Not all ports are alike.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you tried using different USB ports on your Mac? Not all ports are alike.
Macbook Air only has one USB port unfortunately.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
It's the Mac. Trade it in for a new one...
No sir... my 505 works like a champ on the Mac
Old 03-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #11
rcuadro
Wizard

Rock on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyparrot View Post

Works like a charm now

Now to go through the painful task of converting books to mobi

Last edited by rcuadro; 03-11-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #12
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Glad to see you got it working! i've yet to try the K2 with my Macs.
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
jeremy81
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKat View Post
Glad to see you got it working! i've yet to try the K2 with my Macs.
It's very straightforward. You plug it in and it instantly mounts as a disk on the desktop.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy81 View Post
It's very straightforward. You plug it in and it instantly mounts as a disk on the desktop.
Cool, never been a Mac user.
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #15
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
should be fairly straightforward for stuff like this.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote