Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Glass Books of the Dream Eaters - G.W. Dahlquist

I read this book around about this time last year as a paperback, and was absolutely.... enchanted? disturbed? morbidly fascinated? by it.
I've just found out the next book, The Dark Volume, has just been published and I would LOVE to read it as an ebook. If anyone sees it anywhere in a format suitable for the Cybook, could you PLEASE drop me a message letting me know where.
Many, many thanks.

Edit: Or possibly Dream Eaters Vol 2. Looks like Dark Volume isn't out yet. I'm confused. Anyway, would appreciate info on any.

Last edited by Mindy; 02-20-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
cstross
Cynic
cstross will become famous soon enoughcstross will become famous soon enoughcstross will become famous soon enoughcstross will become famous soon enoughcstross will become famous soon enoughcstross will become famous soon enough

Device: Lots, started with a Psion 3 circa 1998
Dream Eaters is on fictionwise, and the Mobipocket version's DRM succumbs to the appropriate tools quite easily (which is why it's now on my Sony PRS-505 waiting for me to get my teeth into it). Don't know about the sequel, though.
cstross is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 04:24 AM   #3
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Thank you! (Sparrow came to the rescue too)
Seems that in some places (US?) the original was sold as two volumes and they're talking about being able to 'buy all three books this spring', which is where I'm getting confused, but the sequel ("The Dark Volume") should be out next month.
Can highly recommend the original; it's not perfect by any means but very compelling.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
hyd
hyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Iliad
The original Glass Book of the Dream Eaters was available as a subscription series of 10 volumes from Penguin. A volume posted each week. Is this what you mean? I am in the UK.
hyd is offline   Reply With Quote