Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Many creepy crawlies owe their lives to my Kindle. I used to always have a paperback book handy to smash them with. Now they go free since I'm too lazy to put down my Kindle and and go find the fly swatter.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
what i would probably miss from physical books is that they can be a conversation starter when someone sees your shelves and inquires about them. it's a way to subtly get to know another person through observation
Yeah, I've made the same point in another thread earlier. 1st thing I always checked.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Don't laugh, I've got one of those as a monitor-height-adjustment-device right now.
Back in the 60's, a door-to-door salesman talked my mother into buying a one-volume encyclopedia named The Volume Library. It's huge--one of the largest and heaviest books I've ever see in a someone's house.

She's been using it to adjust the height of her computer monitor for decades.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote