Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You guys gotta try the B&N app!

It's fast, works well, has a terrific selection. Best of all, the largest font is a bit too big for ME!

I downloaded 5 safari pages of free books.

Oh, and it uses the cool "cover flow" instead of a plain bookshelf.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Hmmm...App Store still isn't showing the iPad version for me. Am I missing something since this post is tagged for the iPad? This is one reader I'm waiting on, since I tend to buy books through BN that are currently entangled in the Amazon/Penguin debacle.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I have the old iPhone B&N app, too. I didn't find an iPad version when I checked. I read that it wasn't due till summer. Did it come out early?
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I probably have the iPhone version. I was at App Store, typed barnes a (it auto-completed) into the search, and the app came up. Works great!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Glad you're loving it. And it's going to be even better with the iPad version, I imagine. The Penguin tiff also sent me to B&N. I read one of B&N's books yesterday on the iPhone app and am looking forward to the iPad version. (Hurry up already, developers!)
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!

How could it possibly be better? It is just about perfect now.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
My one personal criteria quirk is being able to set both left and right tap zones as page forward...I'm left handed, but tend to switch hands often (because Stanza got me in the habit).
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
My one personal criteria quirk is being able to set both left and right tap zones as page forward...I'm left handed, but tend to switch hands often (because Stanza got me in the habit).
Me, too. You can set that in iBooks, but not Kindle or B&N right now, as far as I can tell. I've had to retrain myself on iPad, because I was used to the left next-page button on Kindle 2.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Me three. It would be nice to reverse the direction of the taps. Right now I just use the swipe.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
You must have got a pulled version of the real iPad app, because the iPhone version currently in the store is completely unusable - the fonts when scaled to match the size of the screen look terrible.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #11
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
why did they pull the iPad version?

the iPhone version works with full force, a few minor glitches, but you won't have the ugly font scaling.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:25 AM   #12
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
You must have got a pulled version of the real iPad app, because the iPhone version currently in the store is completely unusable - the fonts when scaled to match the size of the screen look terrible.
So they released and pulled an iPad app? How come?

I was able to load only the iPhone app and tried the 2x setting, which broke up the type too much, so I read it at 1x. I can't wait for the iPad version. Do you know what's latest word on when it will debut? I have a few other B&N books I'd like to read, but preferably not at 1x.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:17 AM   #13
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Can you load non-DRM pubs?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #14
dhiru
Connoisseur
dhiru began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, Irex iliad, sony prs950, kindle Dx, Ipad
Use it with full screen hack or full force, working nicely on iPad
dhiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Can it render secure eReader files?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote