Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #2221
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leckadams View Post
Today I have been updating fics throughout the day & have noticed that some of them weren't updating stating that there was nothing to overwrite. But there was. I had updated it once earlier in the day, but the author put another update out later & the program wasn't picking up the update for some reason (even though I use the most update URL w/ the latest chapter link). Any ideas on why this is happening?
"Overwrite when newer" on most sites only has the date to work with, not the actual time. So if there's more than one update in the same day, it can't tell the difference. Update EPUB works by chapter count, so it doesn't have that problem.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #2222
ktredshoes
ktredshoes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2nd generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I assume so. That code is the same as all the others and well tested.
I've got it working now - have successfully tested downloading without having to manually type username/password or authenticate for adult status. I think it's because I had the section out of alphabetical order with the other sites already listed in the personal.ini file.

Quote:
He probably doesn't have the test version of the plugin installed, or he didn't restart calibre after installing it.
Turns out he was using our redirect to efiction.trekiverse.org. I didn't give you that alternate URL, thinking of avoiding potential problems if we ever have issues with the redirect, and instead gave you the actual URL of trekiverse.org/efiction. Is it possible to add the redirect in addition?

thanks,
Katie Redshoes
Advert
Old 12-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #2223
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
"Overwrite when newer" on most sites only has the date to work with, not the actual time. So if there's more than one update in the same day, it can't tell the difference. Update EPUB works by chapter count, so it doesn't have that problem.
hmmm ok...i guess i could pull them epub then convert them when completed...

thank you
Old 12-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #2224
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckadams View Post
hmmm ok...i guess i could pull them epub then convert them when completed...

thank you
<shrug> That's what I do for my Kindle. Calibre's epub->mobi/azw3 conversion does a better job that FFDL's native mobi output.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #2225
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
Turns out he was using our redirect to efiction.trekiverse.org. I didn't give you that alternate URL, thinking of avoiding potential problems if we ever have issues with the redirect, and instead gave you the actual URL of trekiverse.org/efiction. Is it possible to add the redirect in addition?
efiction.trekiverse.org/efiction doesn't work. Please provide example URL(s).
Advert
Old 12-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #2226
Depletion
Pelican
Depletion began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
I'm having trouble with fimfiction.net, trying to update stories pops up with the comment "list error out of range" on some stories.

Status
Title
Author
Comment
URL
Bad
Day Tripper
RainbowBob
list index out of range
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/151292/
Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #2227
ktredshoes

Quote:
efiction.trekiverse.org/efiction doesn't work. Please provide example URL(s).
Sorry, I guess I didn't explain very well. These are the two forms of address that can be used:
http://trekiverse.org/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=711

or

http://efiction.trekiverse.org/viewstory.php?sid=711

Katie Redshoes

Last edited by ktredshoes; 12-09-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #2228
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depletion View Post
I just tried that and it worked fine for me. Maybe some transient server-side issue?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #2229
leckadams
Enthusiast
leckadams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
<shrug> That's what I do for my Kindle. Calibre's epub->mobi/azw3 conversion does a better job that FFDL's native mobi output.
I'm just lost cause I never had any issues until yesterday.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #2230
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktredshoes View Post
Sorry, I guess I didn't explain very well. These are the two forms of address that can be used:
http://trekiverse.org/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=711

or

http://efiction.trekiverse.org/viewstory.php?sid=711
Okay. But FFDL will treat http://trekiverse.org/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=711 as the canonical version---if given a efiction.trekiverse.org URL it will still store it as as trekiverse.org/efiction URL.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #2231
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I'm having trouble with fimfiction.net, trying to update stories pops up with the comment "list error out of range" on some stories
That one works fine for me, too.

If it's still happening for you, run calibre from command line as:
Code:
calibre-debug -g
...then try the download again and post the debug output in the command line window. That may help.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #2232
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test version with efiction.trekiverse.org URLs

UPDATE Dec 11, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-11-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #2233
ktredshoes

Quote:
Okay. But FFDL will treat http://trekiverse.org/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=711 as the canonical version---if given a efiction.trekiverse.org URL it will still store it as as trekiverse.org/efiction URL.
Absolutely not a problem, especially since that would be the real URL. We are thrilled that we'll be going live with FFDL support! Thank you very much!

Katie
Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #2234
Depletion
Pelican
Depletion began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 2013
Attached the debug info.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpwylnwh.txt (1.5 KB, 122 views)
Old 12-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #2235
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Attached the debug info.

That error is coming from the new groups/sequels/prequels code.

Unless you've changed the make_linkhtml_entries in your personal.ini, or possibly if you've done something to 'groups' in replace_metadata, I'm a bit baffled.

Attached is a version with a bit more debugging output from that section of code. Please try it and post the outputted debug log again.

UPDATE Dec 11, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-11-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Closed Thread