Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #31
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, a dictionary licencing issue ? that's news. i wonder which it is really, warranty card or dictionary ? seems like an odd problem to have, you would think sony would know about licencing issues... whatever the problem, i hope they can straighten it out fast.
Yeah, where'd they steal that one from? My guess is Amazon and their excuse for sucking 1984 & Animal Farm off of your Kindle mid sentence.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #32
dasony
dasony doesn't litterdasony doesn't litterdasony doesn't litter

Device: none
I ordered it yesterday morning from Sonystyle when it still said 'preorder.' After 9AM, it turned into 'backorder'. Now it says the estimated shipping day is 8/31, even though the product page still shows backorder. I wonder what's going on.
dasony is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #33
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessirrom View Post
I just got back from the sony store in Dalls,TX. The store manager said he just received an email telling him to pull all 600s off the shelf. He would not sell me one even though he had several black units
Today I went to SonyStyle just to see if, by chance, I was able to pick up a 600. Nope. Sure enough, the sales woman said almost as soon as they got them, they were asked to be returned. I didn't see any covers either. At least I have my 505 cover and MightyBright till I order a proper cover for my 600.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:27 AM   #34
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasony View Post
I ordered it yesterday morning from Sonystyle when it still said 'preorder.' After 9AM, it turned into 'backorder'. Now it says the estimated shipping day is 8/31, even though the product page still shows backorder. I wonder what's going on.
Perhaps they should have them in stock on the 31st but arrival to your house should be the 8th.

Actually, I think Sony's estimating. I doubt they anticipated this problem so now they're trying to get caught up as quickly as possible and just giving us crumbs so we don't lose interest.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 AM   #35
davidlt
davidlt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
By the way, anyone knows the official country list where new readers should be available? I am living in France/Switzerland and stonystyle.ch looks like does not have any readers at all, while French site does have but only the old ones. I would like to get that PRS-600 while I am still living here, but it looks that I might not.
davidlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2009, 03:34 AM   #36
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlt View Post
By the way, anyone knows the official country list where new readers should be available? I am living in France/Switzerland and stonystyle.ch looks like does not have any readers at all, while French site does have but only the old ones. I would like to get that PRS-600 while I am still living here, but it looks that I might not.
As far as I know, it has been released in the UK and the Netherlands. And they refuse to sell across the border.

(silly global economy...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:59 AM   #37
lev
Zealot
lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lev has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Issue of dictionary licensing doesn't make sense..first if that was the case they would not recall but just tell their stores to stop selling until they settle the issue. second, since they have already made the dictionaries public in their advertising and promotion, it is too late for Sony to change course. I would suspect in such circumstance they will continue with the sales and agree to a settlement with the publishers in compensation or simply go to arbitration if settlement is not possible. I mean, they just didn't decide to add those dictionaries without any consultation with the publishers. it would be a technical misunderstaning of sorts..
I suspect the firmware update or the warranty issue is the cause. if hardware was a problem there would be a recall notice as some are already sold and so far we haven't heard anything..
either way, looks like sony really made a mess of the launch and as a result we will have to wait longer to have our readers...
lev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 AM   #38
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
As far as I know, it has been released in the UK and the Netherlands. And they refuse to sell across the border.

(silly global economy...)
It might just be a pre-order for both of them, certainly in the uk waterstones has a week-long exclusive on the device and are launching on the 10th.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:28 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
We could not buy the Sony 505 from our neighbouring country Germany. Even after an introductory period. Naturally, you can always go to a country where they sell it and pick one up from a local store. It's just a question on which store will have it when.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #40
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
We'll see how we do in Canada. Placed my order online yesterday at noon after talking to the store again and finding out they were predicting late this week to early next to get them in (again). Since the online store is not showing a back order or pre order notice I thought I might have better luck so now it is a race to the finish. Current order status says order has been transferred to shipping department and should ship within 1-2 days.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #41
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
Perhaps they are putting a different dictionary on the device. They may have elected to use a different publisher....
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #42
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Has anyone emailed their CustomerCare dept? I just did. Usually they are quick to respond.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #43
kelchm
kelchm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
damn. I was trying to get one of these today. No wonder they didn't have any.
kelchm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #44
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
From Sony:

Quote:
Due to the large number of requests for this popular model. I have checked on the information for this product and see that the warehouse is expecting the product to arrive 08/Sep/2009 .

Please feel free to check the ability for this order in our web page www.sonystyle.com.

In case that you need further assistance please contact a sales representative at 1-877-865-7669.
The Sales Department is open Monday - Friday 5:00 a.m - 9:00 p.m and Saturday & Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. PST.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you for choosing Sony Style!

Regards,
Gabriela F.
Sony Style Concierge
www.sonystyle.com
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #45
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
Well as of 11:30 PM the sony canadian site lists all 600s as out of stock. It will be interesting to see if current orders are shipped within the specified time.
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote