Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #91
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakix View Post
As I live in Frankfurt, I am looking forward to the meeting! Yes I want to be there

looking forward, cu in FRA
Mira
We are glad that you will join us.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #92
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Hi,

I am newbie in this group and just got my Sony PRS-700. I have started reading ebooks on my laptop and palm around 2000.

As I live in Frankfurt, I am looking forward to the meeting! Yes I want to be there

looking forward, cu in FRA
Mira
Great! The more the merrier!!!!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #93
mirakix
Enthusiast
mirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-700
Exclamation

Hi ravenne,
which Zimt & Koriander are you intenting to meet at??? It just occured to me that there are 4!!!
http://www.zimt-und-koriander.com/

and I was already compiling a list of budget hotels nearby, as I thought I live near the only one

Mira
mirakix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #94
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi ravenne,
which Zimt & Koriander are you intenting to meet at??? It just occured to me that there are 4!!!
http://www.zimt-und-koriander.com/

and I was already compiling a list of budget hotels nearby, as I thought I live near the only one

Mira
If i remember right it's the one in "Schärfengäßchen 4" at the "Hauptwache" next to the "Liebfrauenkirche".
Old 05-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #95
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Sorry, I will be out. Got the psickness.
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #96
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by StDo View Post
Sorry, I will be out. Got the psickness.
Oh no! StDo....
You got what? "Psickness"? Is that the same as "Paper Book Sickness"?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #97
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Psickness!

Is exactly that weekend I am definitly not available...
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:23 AM   #98
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
There is the Hotel Victoria (near the Bahnhof, nearly on the way between "Zimt and Korriander" and the station). Price (including breakfast) would be 55€ for a single room.
Then there is the Manhatten Hotel (same conditions) for 60€ (single room) or 80€ (double room) (with WLan)

(Google Map, A=Station, B=Zimt&Korriander, C=Victoria, D=Manhatten)
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #99
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
There is the Hotel Victoria (near the Bahnhof, nearly on the way between "Zimt and Korriander" and the station). Price (including breakfast) would be 55€ for a single room.
Then there is the Manhatten Hotel (same conditions) for 60€ (single room) or 80€ (double room) (with WLan)

(Google Map, A=Station, B=Zimt&Korriander, C=Victoria, D=Manhatten)
Quote:
Unsere Mitarbeiter sind auf internationale Gäste vorbereitet und rund um die Uhr für Sie da. W- LAN, Voicemail, Kabel-TV, eine kostenfreie Internetstation und eine Auswahl wichtiger Tageszeitungen sorgen dafür, dass unsere Gäste stets informiert sind.
Yay!! I say Victoria!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #100
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yay!! I say Victoria!
Thanks for fixing
Old 05-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #101
mirakix
Enthusiast
mirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enoughmirakix will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-700
I hope you are aware that the recommended hotels are in a rather "better not go" area of Frankfurt, especially when you return to the hotel later at night. As the area around the Hauptbahnhof is interesting by day but also a hang out for junkies, drug dealers and and it is Frankfurt's red light district...

Take a look at this one http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/hote...tml?aid=306227

or this - or search hotels near Konstabler Wache. The closest Hotel to the location would be Best Western Scala

HERE
AND
HERE MORE HOTELS

Last edited by mirakix; 05-11-2009 at 06:08 AM.
mirakix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #102
tirsales

Quote:
I hope you are aware that the recommended hotels are in a rather "better not go" area of Frankfurt, especially when you return to the hotel later at night. As the area around the Hauptbahnhof is interesting by day but also a hang out for junkies, drug dealers and and it is Frankfurt's red light district...
Hmm, I didn't realize it's that bad - been there only a couple of times at night.
But this is (essentially) true for nearly the complete area near the Hauptbahnhof (including the Hauptbahnhof itself).

I will have a second look.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #103
tirsales

Quote:
The closest Hotel to the location would be Best Western Scala
Pricing as follows (incl. breakfast and WLan, AFAIK w/o TV
Single room: 63€
Double room: 97€
Three-bed room: 117€
Einzelzimmer: EUR 63,- inkl Frühstück
Doppelzimmer: EUR 97,- inkl Frühstück
Dreibettzimmer: EUR 117,- inkl Frühstück
(booking online till 21days before the event (w/o possibility of cancellation) -15%)

Google Map (E: Hotel Best Western Scala)
Old 05-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #104
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Well, I like Best Western and it's not that expensive.

Anyway, do we book together or do we spread? What about a poll? /me loves polls!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #105
tirsales

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, I like Best Western and it's not that expensive.

Anyway, do we book together or do we spread? What about a poll? /me loves polls!
Well, I could do the booking - but not the paying. (This makes separate bookings easier - everybody pays for himself)
But: YAY for polls!

Tags
deutschland, frankfurt, germany, meet-up