Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Google Nexus tablet images leaked to the public

Google Nexus tablet images leaked to the public

Quote:
... reiterates quad-core Tegra 3 as the CPU, and adds that the device is likely to sport 1GB of RAM, as far as specs are concerned. The Android version that will eventually be loaded on the device ... Android 4.1. (more...)
LOL it looks like the same website that posted the story is starting to have doubts, here is their story.

Quote:
Cold water thrown on latest Google tablet images?

Earlier today we posted images that purported to be of the upcoming “Nexus” tablet from Google. When we posted them we noted some oddities – there was what appeared to be an earpiece-like slot for a speaker. It also seemed to have a proximity sensor next to the forward facing camera, which isn’t impossible on a tablet, but generally isn’t seen (especially in a phone-like arrangement). (more...)

Last edited by =X=; 06-06-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added new story
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The race to be first to report something...

It better not be white. I hate white!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The race to be first to report something...

It better not be white. I hate white!
Heh, I know this well, the race part, that is. Still, if true, I kinda like the overall look (but agreed, white is not an option), especially the back. I like the price even better.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/06/th...t-the-nexus-7/

The announcement should come in about 2 days at Google IO, and we'll know for sure. No word on whether giz found the training doc (their source here) in bar or not.

Notice the Galaxy Nexusesque dots on the side -- I think those were charging connections for accessories, but there are 4 here instead of three.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AsusNexusTablet-640x360.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	88312  
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now that tablet is very nice looking. Simple and elegant; but most importantly - black.

Sure hope that's what it actually turns out to be.
Advert
Old 06-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
From Android Central:

Quote:
Google Nexus 7 available for preorder now for $199, shipping mid-July

Google announced a freakin' sweet 7-inch tablet appropriately called the Nexus 7 at I/O today, and no doubt many of you are itching to get your hands on one. You'll be happy to hear that it's available for preorder starting today, and will be shipping mid-July to the U.S., Canada, UK, and Australia. The pricetag is a low, low $199. Here's a quick run-down of the specs.
  • 7-inch 1280 x 800 display
  • Quad-processor
  • Tegra 3 12-core GPU
  • Front-facing camera
  • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, gyroscope
  • 9 hours video playback
  • 300 hours standby
  • 340 g
  • Chrome as standard browser
  • $199, shipping mid-July to US, Canada, Australia and UK, preorders available today
  • Includes $25 credit in Google Play store, lots of preloaded goodies
Here's where to order: Google Play. The 8GB model is $199, and the 16GB model is $249. No SD card.

DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Looks really nice. Just wish it had an SD slot (god, I sound like a broken record with that).

The for the smaller storage size one is almost attractive enough to pull me in without the SD slot.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
Hubs just pre-ordered the 16GB version for me as an anniversary present. He was trying to peer pressure me into a Transformer TF300 last week, which he has & loves, but I said no because I prefer the 7" paperback-ish size of my NookColor for all of the reading that I do. I'll try to remember to post my thoughts once it comes in & I have time to play with it a bit.
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Nice, but it certainly won't be integrated into Amazon.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Looks really nice. Just wish it had an SD slot (god, I sound like a broken record with that).
As Shakespeare so eloquently put it:

A card slot, a card slot, my kingdom for a card slot.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
You don't sound like a broken record, companies telling us "no" all the time sound like a broken record. I already own a 32gb microsd card, and an 8gb tablet w/ a slot would be perfect for me. I guarantee you that the extra 8gb for the 16gb version did not increase their costs by $50, or even $50 minus a normal profit margin. IHS iSuppli estimates $8 additional cost for the 16gb. Part of their monetization model appears to make 16gb buyers subsidize 8GB buyers.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
You don't sound like a broken record, companies telling us "no" all the time sound like a broken record.
companies say yes to what consumers want; other tablets with slit out there
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Looks really nice. Just wish it had an SD slot (god, I sound like a broken record with that)
I thought about the lack of a SD card slot, that I had always considered mandatory, but went over my past experience and changed my mind.

I have several tablets of which the Archos 80 G9 and the Samsung Tab 2 7.0 are my favorites. Both of these have 8GB internal memory to which I have added an 8GB micro SD card and both have more than 10GB combined space remaining.

I ordered the 16GB version with the hope that it supports OTG - ICS does, but who knows?

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I thought about the lack of a SD card slot, that I had always considered mandatory, but went over my past experience and changed my mind.
I considered the same thing, in the past I've always said SD slot is a requirement, but looking at the amount of space I've used on my NookColor, and the amount of space my husband is using on his Transformer, I decided that I should be alright with 16GB. Now if I were still commuting on the train daily, that might be a different story!
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

A card slot is still a big deal for me for a device that would be used for traveling about. I mostly vacation at places that don't have WiFi. How do I watch movies?

Take my iPod touch 4 for example. It currently has 3GB available out of 6.4GB total. The reason it has so much free space is because it doesn't have enough to begin with to make it worthwhile to load large amounts of content. Because of its very limited storage space, I only use it at home (audiobooks, podcasts, and streaming music). I would never dream of taking it on vacation.

Tags
android, nexus, tablet