Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #46
ScottyG
ScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animalsScottyG is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
You really need a rigid case if you're going to be carrying it around - the screen is glass and relatively fragile. Scratches are nowhere near the hazard that screen breakage is.
I've wondered a bit about that. Well, the case came with a thin, firm foam insert, so for the time being I'll keep that in the case and slip the T1 behind it.

Scott
ScottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:17 PM   #47
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I went to have Kimmy pick out a case for her red PRS-T1 today at Best Buy.
I thought she would pick the lighted Sony Case over the regular one, and that we would order it in red.

However, she picked a case made for the new Kindles, but which fit pretty good anyway over either one.

Take a look at the Timbuk2 Jason Dinner Jacket if you have a best buy.

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #48
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
True, we also think that looks better. We are developing such case now, also with a light built in it. But we will start with the basic version, the extended version will follow by the end of october.
Any word on the release date? Interested to see the final design of the extended version as was about to buy the basic version until I came across this thread.

Thanks.
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #49
Lxuke
Lxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animalsLxuke is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I have the Navitech napa leather one. It nice and light and pretty cheap! It has a magnetic snap and can be folded in half which is really nice because you can slip your hand into it when reading. <$20 shipped from england to the US. It's no Oberon but I recommend it!

http://www.navi-tech.co.uk/sony-prs-...ook-style-case
Lxuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #50
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxuke View Post
It's a really nice looking case its just a pity it doesn't have a light, I really think a light is essential.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:40 AM   #51
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I am arranging to get a replacement from Gecko. They still want me to send the wrong one back at my expense though.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #52
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxuke View Post
I have the Navitech napa leather one. It nice and light and pretty cheap! It has a magnetic snap and can be folded in half which is really nice because you can slip your hand into it when reading. <$20 shipped from england to the US. It's no Oberon but I recommend it!
Thanks for posting. Was thinking of getting one of these. In the photo it looks like the case is too big for the PRS-T1 so they've stuffed a bit of white foam down the back or they've just photoshopped an image of the PRS-T1 on to their case.......Whats the fit like?
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #53
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I am arranging to get a replacement from Gecko. They still want me to send the wrong one back at my expense though.
That's just wrong. I would never buy from a company that won't take responsibility for its own errors.

Are you listening, Gecko?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #54
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
All sorted. Gecko are refunding me and I do not have to send the cover back. Communication wise they were quite proactive!

They found a cover for me. Apparently the Gecko T1 cover has been extremely popular and they are almost out of stock.

ereadersrus here in Australia lists the cover but it is unavailable for purchase.

Last edited by sabredog; 11-03-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: additional info
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #55
trekker99
Enthusiast
trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekker99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
All sorted. Gecko are refunding me and I do not have to send the cover back. Communication wise they were quite proactive!

They found a cover for me. Apparently the Gecko T1 cover has been extremely popular and they are almost out of stock.

ereadersrus here in Australia lists the cover but it is unavailable for purchase.
Cool, decent customer service! Now, please release the version with the light! The T1 feels a bit too fragile to take out of the house without a decent cover!
trekker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #56
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Sony's T1 Case

Personally, I like the leather with straps, but I bought the Sony's case for my son's T1 which he'll get for a gift at Christmas.

I was surprissed to see it was not a leather case with straps, but a form-fitting plastic gripper.

Please excuse this if everyone else already knew this, I did not.

AJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3901.JPG
Views:	883
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	78618  
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #57
gari189
Connoisseur
gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.gari189 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Elonex 621eb, PRS-T1, HP Touchpad
Navitech are doing 10% off all their cases if you register today......makes the T1 case £9.19 delivered within the UK

http://www.navi-tech.co.uk/navitech-coupon

Was thinking of getting one so have ordered.......

Last edited by gari189; 11-06-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: ?
gari189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #58
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Personally, I like the leather with straps, but I bought the Sony's case for my son's T1 which he'll get for a gift at Christmas.

I was surprissed to see it was not a leather case with straps, but a form-fitting plastic gripper.

AJ
There's a review of the lighted case in white at the gadgeteer http://the-gadgeteer.com/2011/10/29/...-light-review/ which shows the clip in rear. Makes it nice and slim.

IMHO the case you've bought without the light looks better. The plastic for the light version looks cheap, at least in white.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #59
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
There's a review of the lighted case in white at the gadgeteer http://the-gadgeteer.com/2011/10/29/...-light-review/ which shows the clip in rear. Makes it nice and slim.

IMHO the case you've bought without the light looks better. The plastic for the light version looks cheap, at least in white.
Hadn't seen that article, thanks for the link. I think I still prefer a leather cover, and have bought some material to try to make my own. My usual speed means maybe by next summer I'll have one.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #60
Lorif
Lorif began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post

AJ
I was going to wait for a nice leather case to come out, but I saw the Sony case on the weekend and decided to get that. What I like about the new T1 is the size and weight, and the case adds next to nothing to it. I also liked the side plastic clip ins since they won't get in the way if I am using the buttons for page turns and the case folds completely back for when I am reading. I wasn't interested in the version with the light, not really an issue for me.
Lorif is offline   Reply With Quote