Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Chicagoans? -ites? -ers?

Let's meet. Soon. Bring "welcome to Chicago" gifts for me, like, dishwashing soap. Towels. Coffee. Money in envelopes. Forks and Spoons. Ziplock bags. Bread.

I've relocated from my previously undisclosed location to downtown Chicago, near Michigan and Randolph. We could meet-up in the emptiest apartment you've ever seen, and sit on the floor, because I have no chairs. I did stack my books up into a chair-like shape, but it didn't quite work. I'd slip off and end up tangled in plot-lines...

Or, I'm open to suggestions, because I haven't really explored the area yet. But the area is thick with restaurants, a Starbucks every corner, and little apartment-sized doggies pooping in Grant Park.

When? Where? Who?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wow. to think the modest meetup has become such as institution around here (in only a few months !) that it can now be diverted into some odd variety of housewarming party for recent arrivals. i'm so proud. i wish i could bring you a package of coffee / a spoon or two myself but it's a bit far, so i'll just remind you of the tradition of toasting absent friends at each meetup, and wait until i feel my ears buzzing.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow. to think the modest meetup has become such as institution around here (in only a few months !) that it can now be diverted into some odd variety of housewarming party for recent arrivals. i'm so proud. i wish i could bring you a package of coffee / a spoon or two myself but it's a bit far, so i'll just remind you of the tradition of toasting absent friends at each meetup, and wait until i feel my ears buzzing.
When the queen sets a example for us we "must" follow!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New great weight loss plan! 1) lose all your worldly possessions, including vehicles 2) move somewhere that requires extensive walking 3) eat scrabbled eggs, toast, orange juice, peanut butter, and ramen noodles, sparingly, because you're broke 4) drink copious amounts of tap water to acclimate your digestive tract to the local fauna.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
New great weight loss plan! 1) lose all your worldly possessions, including vehicles 2) move somewhere that requires extensive walking 3) eat scrabbled eggs, toast, orange juice, peanut butter, and ramen noodles, sparingly, because you're broke 4) drink copious amounts of tap water to acclimate your digestive tract to the local fauna.
oh now, you're just trying to inspire pity, so people will give you more bread / ziploc bags / a car. the exercise is good for you. trust me. with a few slight modifications, that's my system, and it works great for me.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Of COURSE I'm trying to inspire pity. I'm not exactly being subtle here!

Actually, it's been a lot of fun so far, and I'd like to meet some natives and get some ideas for what to do around town.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

well, just so long as you're straightforward about it...
Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Near Michigan and Randolph? No wonder you have no money. If you have the cash to sustain that address, you're gonna have a great time, PH.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Near Michigan and Randolph? No wonder you have no money. If you have the cash to sustain that address, you're gonna have a great time, PH.
Oh man.........and here I was going to organize an online 'donate money to Taylor514CE.........I was feeling so sorry for him!

Can you say 'fishhook'!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Of COURSE I'm trying to inspire pity. I'm not exactly being subtle here!

Actually, it's been a lot of fun so far, and I'd like to meet some natives and get some ideas for what to do around town.
Museums! Museums!

Oh yeah ... and libraries.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Museums! Museums!

Oh yeah ... and libraries.
And parks, restaurants, Lake Michigan, theatre, events, universities, shops....What's not to love, aside from masses of people and, I suspect, a fairly hefty rent?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #12
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
...so i'll just remind you of the tradition of toasting absent friends at each meetup, and wait until i feel my ears buzzing.

So what do you do for your absinthe f(r)iends.....

S-RSE
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
So what do you do for your absinthe f(r)iends.....

S-RSE
ask not what i can do for my absinthe f(r)iends, but what my absinthe f(r)iends can do for me.

well ?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
ask not what i can do for my absinthe f(r)iends, but what my absinthe f(r)iends can do for me.

well ?
We can help you glow in the dark!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #15
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

It was either get a less expensive apartment and have to buy appliances, or get a tiny apartment in nice building, that came WITH appliances. All-in-all, the swankier digs comes up cheaper.

So, who's coming? When? C'mon, I'm trying to kick-start a social life, here.

Tags
10-w-40, blue one next to the fish, can you spare a dime?, chicago, chicagoerrrrr, destitute, he's so pitiful, lonely android, meet-up, meetup, spare change, subverting the system, wd40