Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #23716
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Gah! I self-medicated for anxiety with two (small) glasses of wine and six petit fours. It didn't really work and now I have acid reflux to contend with. Lovely.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #23717
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Do six petit fours = 24?

March Madness has nothing to do with basketball! No, it has to do with die hard football fans being a month removed from their sport with no light at the end of the tunnel for the foreseeable future!!!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #23718
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Gah! I self-medicated for anxiety with two (small) glasses of wine and six petit fours. It didn't really work and now I have acid reflux to contend with. Lovely.
Prevacid. Works wonders.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #23719
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Chai Tea Latte. Latte! Why do they frequently seem to miss that last word?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #23720
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Three, count them, three! separate chips on my windscreen after driving on the motorway to and from Worcester today.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #23721
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Three, count them, three! separate chips on my windscreen after driving on the motorway to and from Worcester today.
My gosh. Were you behind trucks used in construction? I always try to keep well behind big trucks of any type. Unfortunately, it just seems to give their tires more room to throw rocks.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #23722
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My gosh. Were you behind trucks used in construction? I always try to keep well behind big trucks of any type. Unfortunately, it just seems to give their tires more room to throw rocks.
I think it was from trucks, but I didn't see the stones/rocks coming. Just a resounding "crack" that made me jump out of my skin. It was in the middle of a section of road works, so probably from building materials.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #23723
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I think it was from trucks, but I didn't see the stones/rocks coming. Just a resounding "crack" that made me jump out of my skin. It was in the middle of a section of road works, so probably from building materials.
That's some bad luck. I don't believe I've ever had more that one crack occur in a single trip. What do rocks have against you. anyway? Were you mean to rocks as a kid?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #23724
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Little Arwen cat is in heat and managed to slip out the door. She went up a tree so I spent the next four hours trying to coax her out. I'm cold, slightly damp and quite angry. I'm for bed. Yes it's only six
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 AM   #23725
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Little Arwen cat is in heat and managed to slip out the door. She went up a tree so I spent the next four hours trying to coax her out. I'm cold, slightly damp and quite angry. I'm for bed. Yes it's only six
More than past time to spay, I'd say; she must be at least 6 months, then, or older? Unless she's a purebred intended for breeding? We spay/neuter ours as soon as it's physically safe and doable.

Hitch
Old 04-03-2014, 05:34 AM   #23726
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
More than past time to spay, I'd say; she must be at least 6 months, then, or older? Unless she's a purebred intended for breeding? We spay/neuter ours as soon as it's physically safe and doable.

Hitch
I expect KK is still in bed, but if I remember correctly Arwen is a Savannah cat. Possibly she will be bred later? It seems like there were some stipulations when she got her, but I can't remember what they were...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #23727
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I expect KK is still in bed, but if I remember correctly Arwen is a Savannah cat. Possibly she will be bred later? It seems like there were some stipulations when she got her, but I can't remember what they were...
yes, she is a Savannah cat and the breeder will make a decision soon as to whether or not she is to be bred. Strider, also a Savannah is neutered, and for whatever reason has a vasectomy. Arwen is the first in tact cat I have had in YEARS
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #23728
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
An intact cat in heat is not fun to have in the house. And darn hard to KEEP in the house. I'm not sure I'd be willing to even consider getting a cat I couldn't spay/neuter as soon as possible.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #23729
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
An intact cat in heat is not fun to have in the house. And darn hard to KEEP in the house. I'm not sure I'd be willing to even consider getting a cat I couldn't spay/neuter as soon as possible.
Yes. I remember, full well (and it's been--wait for it--dog's years since I went through this) the last female I had in heat inside a house, and what an agony it was. The screaming alone (and, of course, she was a Siamese) drove me bats.

I don't envy you, KK. How is it that you ended up with a Savannah that, apparently, belongs to someone else, in your house? I mean, she's obviously not a rescue, given her breeding; did you sign a contract with her breeder that agreed to give her this type of control?

With our MC's, I actually had to sign a contract stating that I wasn't going to breed them (this was about price), because the pricing for them to breed was higher than as pets, for the same cat. Given I have zero interest in adding to the (already horrible over-abused/dumped/etc.) cat population, regardless of any perceived "gains" vis-a-vis selling kittens, I was happy to sign it. These were our first "boughten" cats in years, as the rest had been rescues, either from rescue shelters or literally rescued-by-us cats. Our previous purebreds had been some decades ago.

Hitch
Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #23730
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
We've had an intact cat in heat in the house once and I hated it; mainly because every time I turned around she'd be pointing her butt in my direction and winking. Sorry kitty. Homey don't play that.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness