Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #16
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Yet another feature request, which seems easy to implement. In file browser, report the free space of the device, both for internal storage, as well as SD card.

Incidentally, it seems that in the latest firmware release, 1.8.20121113, the file reading statistics do not work.
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #17
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExH View Post

Do you want me to include an example file or two? They're small and shouldn't be copyrighted.
Yes please, it would be helpful.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #18
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

I'm only uploading one PDF. As it turns out, I think all PDFs give me the same problem (margins and custom zoom levels not remembered after closing and re-opening).

For what it's worth, I am using the most recent M92 firmware (from November 13th).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hw5.pdf (13.3 KB, 205 views)
ExH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #19
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExH View Post
I'm only uploading one PDF. As it turns out, I think all PDFs give me the same problem (margins and custom zoom levels not remembered after closing and re-opening).
I have experienced the same problem with the few pdf files that I have used so far (a study guide from Cybex and a magazine).
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #20
dadaniel
dadaniel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Support for

MobileSheets ( http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/about.html ) --> may be possible with coming Android OS

and

Bluetooth Pedals ( http://www.thomann.de/gb/airturn_bt_105.htm or http://www.thomann.de/gb/pageflip_cicada.htm ) --> Maybe with new hardware coming?
dadaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #21
naravive
Enthusiast
naravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle, Boox M92
Better feature-rich and aesthetically sensitive support for docx, mobi and epub files!
naravive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #22
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadaniel View Post
Bluetooth Pedals ( http://www.thomann.de/gb/airturn_bt_105.htm or http://www.thomann.de/gb/pageflip_cicada.htm ) --> Maybe with new hardware coming?
Could be possible if USB OTG becomes enabled and BT driver for keyboard added.

No need for a new hardware. M92 is able to do it just now. Only a bit of software is missing...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Would it be possible to add support for ".ps" (PostScript) and ".eps" (Encapsulated PostScript) files (Ghostscript supports them, if that matters)?
Quite many scientific articles exist in these formats only.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 11-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #24
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Improve de EPUB reader.

I know that the focus is on the PDF reader, but I've many technical books in EPUB.

I 'd like to see a better support for EPUB files and use the PDF reader to read EPUB with at least one modification : the possibility to set the margins. If it's not too hard, the possibility to change the font too.

Thanks Booxtor, if you could make something for this
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #25
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Would it be possible to add the possibility to have multiple pdf files opened simultaneously?
While reading scientific articles and books, I often need to "compare" paragraphs coming from different files (well, actually, I often need to "compare" paragraphs coming from the same file, too).
So, a quick way to "switch" between several "opened" files would be very convenient.
(Well, this has probably been already asked, so I just want to add +1.)
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #26
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
PDF Reader : margin odd/even.

I 'd like to set the margins for page odd or even in the PDF Reader with different values.

With equal values, I must shift (pan) the viewport left then right.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #27
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Hello,
I would like to have the ability to adjust the time until shutdown if I turn the reader in Standby mode by myself by pushing the on/off-Button.

The fixed 5 minutes are to short for me. Mostly when I want to continue reading the reader is already switched off

It would be nice to have folowing options:
5 min; 10 min; 15 min; 30 min

medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #28
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

It is posible using free application OFTM file manager. You may set almost any time separately for Standby and for Shutdown. It works fine.

And also someone wrote a script to set those times. I've never tried it, so I do not know, if it works and how difficult is to use it.

But I agree, it would be much more user friendly, to have this possibility natively in Onyx firmware.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #29
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Thanks for reply mono!
I searched a little bit in this forum but haven't found anything. Can you tell me which file contains the shutdown & standby time?
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #30
Mono
Mono

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184789

I hope all info is there.