Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #256
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's the same link I have just with my email. The number 379003818 is the same.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #257
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Wow, I can't believe how badly BN is screwing this up. I am in the process of downloading all of my eReader books and converting them so I can read them on my Kindle. I'm glad I don't have to rely on BN to get me my books.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #258
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
Has anyone here actually received their code or gotten their library transferred from eReader.com yet?

I just called B&N to see if I could get someone to look int the reason why I still don't have my code and got a run around again. The customer service reps (three of them!) took my email address, but they had no explanation for why my code hasn't yet been sent after I opted into the transfer process on 11/19. The last one told me it would be about another week before the email with the code would be sent out.

Yet here I see several people who have received their codes for Fictionwise and had much larger libraries transferred already. So I guess I'm trying to figure out if it just a problem with eReader.com customers.

Thanks.
No, I still haven't gotten a code either; I got the original e-mail, opted in with the provided link, and I'm still waiting. I have only 30 or so books at FW, never used eReader.com.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #259
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've just checked and I still have only the 6 books in my B&N library which transferred initially.
Same for me, just the 6 that transferred over the day this all was announced.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #260
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I've gotten both emails (FW and eReader), entered the code, and gotten exactly 1 book for each account. For FW, I've only got 42 in that account, but eReader was 280, so I was expecting a lot more than just the one book, especially since the eReader one came through Wednesday, when one would presume they had time to workout more kinks. I've already got both of those books in my Calibre library.

I was hoping for a few of the books that had already disappeared from download when the agency switchover happened, or a handful that refused to cooperate with Alf would show up. Silly optimist me.

B&N continues to make me happy that I sold my original Nook and returned the Nook Color. I've also talked people out of buying Nooks, and I certainly don't feel guilty now.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #261
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
B&N continues to make me happy that I sold my original Nook and returned the Nook Color. I've also talked people out of buying Nooks, and I certainly don't feel guilty now.
If B&N gets this right - which there's still room to do so - Fictionwise and eReader customers are going to come out ahead. They'll regain access to Agency titles, and in a better format (ePub).

No need to get down on them until it's 12/21 and they haven't fixed things yet.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #262
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The reason to get down on B&N is because I get a message saying I'll get the code soon and then the week of the 19th and not in the coming weeks. This is not good at all. Soon, I'll get a message say sorry, you missed the deadline.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #263
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Surely you have your books backed up, Jon? You've been in this game long enough to know how essential that is.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #264
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Surely you have your books backed up, Jon? You've been in this game long enough to know how essential that is.
Yes, I do. But that's not the point. The point is, I've not gotten the code and it would be nice to get some of them in ePub instead of having to convert.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #265
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason to get down on B&N is because I get a message saying I'll get the code soon and then the week of the 19th and not in the coming weeks. This is not good at all. Soon, I'll get a message say sorry, you missed the deadline.
They don't actually say that the date when you can no longer access Fictionwise is also the cut-off for transferring to B&N do they?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #266
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, I do. But that's not the point. The point is, I've not gotten the code and it would be nice to get some of them in ePub instead of having to convert.
Exactly! It's frustrating that some people have gotten a code and some books and others have gotten a failed email error and/or wait for a code message. A simple mass email that says we are experiencing technical difficulties and whether the deadline has been changed would go a long way to customer satisfaction. I would be less disappointed if they said Fictionwise & others are closing so download your books while can versus setting an expectation that some will be transferable to your Nook account. The move of your books from Borders to Kobo was less painful.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #267
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I wonder, too, about the Unavailable books list that B&N posted. I know that a dozen of my books on my Fictionwise bookshelf were not available to download from Fictionwise already last February when Random House stopped selling there.

I checked all of the books, and they are not on the list. I wonder if B&N doesn't bother to post those books on the list since they were out of the Fictionwise catalog so long ago.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #268
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Still waiting for the original email.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #269
salyavin
salyavin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma and Boox Nova 3
I am also waiting for the code, not sure why they had to make this such a painful process, they should have planned better. I do have my ~1900 books backed up but would still like as many moved over as possible.
salyavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #270
Cap.T
Enthusiast
Cap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura aboutCap.T has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, PRS-T1
I'm disappointed there shutting down. I bought a lot of Dreamspiner Press titles there. I know I can get them elsewhere but Fictionwise always reformated them. The fonts and margins are always different compared to other shops. And even more important, the books from Fictionwise were much smaller in size. Sometimes Dreamspinner books have about 2MB when I buy theam as epub from Kobo or Books on Board. The Fictionswise releases of the same books rarely went over 0.3MB and the Fictionwise-Formating was easier to read, at least to me.
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote