Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I find that you need to take the conversion and compare it to the PDF to get it right. Otherwise there will be errors in the conversion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have with the Able PDF convertor to convert to word, and the results have always been prefect. Even converted to RTF and viewed in Word they were perfect. But, when I put the RTF into the Sony reader it was a mess. I think this is because Able is reproducing the page pased formating in the DOC/RTF file... so three are line feed/carriage returns at the end of the 8.5inch line which doesn't translate well to text or .lrf.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #18
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
You should be able to sort that out by running Stingo's macro on the Word file.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #19
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
You should be able to sort that out by running Stingo's macro on the Word file.
Really? Now you tell me. Although I don't think the Able stuff will run on my Mac... i've yet to by a VM product. I'll have to give it a wack on my PC... but I'm not sure if I can install the Able demo again

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #20
Jules
Enthusiast
Jules began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
i was just looking at my export options in indesign, and my only choices are pdf, jpg, and xml
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #21
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
I tried email the files to you and the delivery failed due to an unfound email address. Is your address *********
That's the correct e-mail address.

Last edited by Elsi; 07-16-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #22
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Might I suggest that you edit your post and remove it in a day or so, Elsi? That way you will avoid a lot of spam.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #23
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Might I suggest that you edit your post and remove it in a day or so, Elsi? That way you will avoid a lot of spam.
Indeed -- which is why I wrote my address somewhat cryptically in the first message. I may need Jules or a moderator to remove my address from Jules' post as well
Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
Patricia
Reader

Just PM whichever mod(s) happen to be about when you want it gone, and we'll see to it if necessary.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #25
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Just PM whichever mod(s) happen to be about when you want it gone, and we'll see to it if necessary.
Thanks -- I'll give Jules time to see my reply & then purge the address.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
i was just looking at my export options in indesign, and my only choices are pdf, jpg, and xml
Export to XML and then try loading it into Book Designer and see what happens. You can also try Calibre and use html2lrf as well.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Thanks -- I'll give Jules time to see my reply & then purge the address.
Why not PM him your email address. Then you can remove it from this thread.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #28
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not PM him your email address. Then you can remove it from this thread.
Sometimes the simplest solutions are hard to think of.

Thanks -- done.

Tags
duck!