Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
KunoK
Connoisseur
KunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3, Boox 60, K3, Sony T1, Sandra has a Sony505, 650, K3
Just got Boox

I just got my Boox 60. It includes the leather case. What it doesn't include is this: A Manual, a downloadable manual in english on onyx-international.com, English instructions on how to get it working with a dictionary, an SD card, which is needed to install a dictionary.

I have bought an SD card and found the descriptions I needed using google. I now have it working, but I can't help thinking that it is not really a finished product I have bought.

The Bebook Neo cost 329, where Boox costs 299 eur, but the Neo comes with a manual on the device and the same is downloadable from their website.

I have some questions for Neo owners. Does the Neo come with a dictionary? Does it come with instructions on how to install a dictionary? I am just trying to figure out if there is some added value packaged with the Neo. Not for my own sake, but potential buyer might be interested.
KunoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
It supports Stardict format. just put into dict directory.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
There's a lot of info, and also instructions how to get the dictionary working, on the forum at booxusers.com
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
KunoK
Connoisseur
KunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enoughKunoK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
There's a lot of info, and also instructions how to get the dictionary working, on the forum at booxusers.com
Thanks, I found the info I needed. I am just disappointed, that I need to go to forums or google my way to the info. At the least there could have a please look at this website to find info on how to use.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by KunoK View Post
I just got my Boox 60. It includes the leather case. What it doesn't include is this: A Manual, a downloadable manual in english on onyx-international.com, English instructions on how to get it working with a dictionary, an SD card, which is needed to install a dictionary.

I have bought an SD card and found the descriptions I needed using google. I now have it working, but I can't help thinking that it is not really a finished product I have bought.

The Bebook Neo cost 329, where Boox costs 299 eur, but the Neo comes with a manual on the device and the same is downloadable from their website.

I have some questions for Neo owners. Does the Neo come with a dictionary? Does it come with instructions on how to install a dictionary? I am just trying to figure out if there is some added value packaged with the Neo. Not for my own sake, but potential buyer might be interested.
Sorry for a bit off topic. But all the stuff should be shipped without manuals or other paper crap. There are too few trees left to produce those shiny paper stuff just to please the customer. The less stuff we receive, the less we need to dispose, the less the cost we pay. Apple for example also ships their products without manuals. Anything can be found online these days. And I think its the way to go. I had no problems finding user manual in PDF for Boox. Yes, it is still a fresh device, but very powerful one. I liked it a lot, although I had to send it back for replacement due to bad screen. I wish they came up with bigger version sooner.
Enjoy it!
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
KunoK
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashlit View Post
Sorry for a bit off topic. But all the stuff should be shipped without manuals or other paper crap. There are too few trees left to produce those shiny paper stuff just to please the customer. The less stuff we receive, the less we need to dispose, the less the cost we pay. Apple for example also ships their products without manuals. Anything can be found online these days. And I think its the way to go. I had no problems finding user manual in PDF for Boox. Yes, it is still a fresh device, but very powerful one. I liked it a lot, although I had to send it back for replacement due to bad screen. I wish they came up with bigger version sooner.
Enjoy it!
I did not ask for printed manuals, just manuals. In the true spirit of ebooks, I would be happy to have them as ebooks. I am just disappointed, I can't find them either at the shop where I bought the reader nor at onyx-international.com. I have found them elsewhere.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Each new firmware comes with an updated manual in the zip file. if you were to download 1.4 firmware from Onyx-International site it includes the manual

onyx_update_1.4.zip

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 08-12-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, the Neo doesn't come with a dictionary.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #9
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by KunoK View Post
I think it depends on where you buy your Boox. I got in my box all that stuff + charger.
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #10
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommik View Post
I think it depends on where you buy your Boox. I got in my box all that stuff + charger.
I got a lot of paper stuff- like a manual etc- and the charger. I already had a bunch of SD cards, so I didn't feel the lack of another.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote