Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 05-08-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
littleFish
littleFish began at the beginning.

can we read BBeB format under Windows?

just wondering whether a BBeB reader exists for Windows platform.

i tested the PalmOS using code warrior before getting my first PDA.

now that the Sony Reader is going to be released soon, i really want
to try it out before deciding whether to buy one.
littleFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:58 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This should work with LIBRIe for Windows from Sony, which shuttles files between PC and Librie or memory stick, but can also be used to open books on a desktop:

http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer.../libriele.html

Keep in mind this tool is made for the Japanese version of Windows, so you could run into problems when you try it on another language version. In any case, I attached an English (non official) version for you to this thread. You will still need to install the Japanese version first though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image19.jpg
Views:	818
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1107  
Attached Files
File Type: zip english LIBRIe v2.zip (670.3 KB, 874 views)
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #3
littleFish
littleFish began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
This should work with LIBRIe for Windows from Sony, which shuttles files between PC and Librie or memory stick, but can also be used to open books on a desktop:

http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer.../libriele.html

Keep in mind this tool is made for the Japanese version of Windows, so you could run into problems when you try it on another language version. In any case, I attached an English (non official) version for you to this thread. You will still need to install the Japanese version first though.
thanks. i had test it out with no problem. tried converting some text file
into lrf format using MakeLRFGUI and it looks good. however, when i try
to convert chinese text file, the result turn out to be garbage. is
there any support of languages other than english. i had seen screen shot
of the Librie showing Russian and Japanese text so i am sure it can be done.

reading the specs from e-Ink, it appears that the refresh time is quite slow
~1 second for each page flip. given such a slow response time, it be quite
difficult to search for a particular book in your library or flip to a particular
page in a book?

can anyone that have experience with the Librie shard some lights on this?
littleFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Probably more like 1.5s per page flip. The second generation, which includes the Sony Reader and the iRex iliad, is said to bring a major improvement in this regard.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote