Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 07:20 AM   #16
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
lovely news!!
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #17
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Does it work on 64MB Cybooks as well, and if not, do they plan to release an upgrade for those?
Sorry, forgot to answer this question which was also asked by somebody else.
I think the new firmware works with all sorts of cybooks.
The bookeen team had different SD cards for different cybook models, and I didn't hear them say that only some models could be upgraded. In fact, they had some small trouble for updating mine at first, and while they were trying to do that they said that no matter what, I would not leave without the new firmware installed. So I think it's for all models, but I didn't ask explicitely.

Quote:
Working Delete button?
As already said, yup.

Quote:
Why the plan to wait with releasing MOBI version at the same time as ePub version, if only ePub version is blocked by Adobe?
No idea.
Also I think the mobi firware is not quite finished yet.
I heard them say that adobe created a delay, but I'm not positive it's the only delay and that everything else is ready.
chlorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 AM   #18
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Chlorine,

Thank you so much for the information. I'm so relieved they are still supporting Mobi format. That was a concern for me. You have now relieved my mind, so thank you for that.

Slan,
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlorine View Post
- dictionaries apparently no longer need to be in the eBooks folder to work (I placed mine in a eBooks/Dicos folder on the SD card and it works perfectly).
If nothing else have changed this is a bad thing since it will increase lookup time considerable if you have a lot of books on the device. But maybe they now cache were the dictionaries are.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #20
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If nothing else have changed this is a bad thing since it will increase lookup time considerable if you have a lot of books on the device. But maybe they now cache were the dictionaries are.
I don't understand why this is bad. It gives you more flexibility. But nobody is forceing you to put the dictionary anywere else. Just keep it were it is...in the 'root' of your library
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think what Tommy is saying is that, if the Gen3 has to scan the entire folder tree, perhaps containing thousands of books, to find out what dictionaries are available, then it could greatly increase dictionary lookup time. If dictionaries are in a known place, it makes it much faster.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #22
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I don't understand why this is bad. It gives you more flexibility. But nobody is forceing you to put the dictionary anywere else. Just keep it were it is...in the 'root' of your library
For the current firmware the lookup time is doubled if you put around 200 books in the eBooks directory. That is because it seems to check all books there to see if it is a dictionary and that takes time. Putting all books in a a sub directory will reduce the lookup time a lot.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #23
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Has anybody tried out HTML files? Can you look at external picture file, a la Project Gutenberg? Thank you for any reply I get.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:24 AM   #24
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
To hope that dictionary is accessible also from PDFs, is pointless too, I guess.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is this new firmware actually available for download?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #26
chlorine
Addict
chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!chlorine rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Actually it seems that the dictionaries must still be inside the eBooks folder (I tried to put mine in a dedicated folder at the root of the cybook, i.e. at the same level as the eBooks folder, and it didn't work).
So it might be possible to place the dictionaries in the eBooks folder, and the books elsewhere, to reduce searching time.

I actually tried to test that: I placed the dictionaries inside the eBooks folder (in a separate folder), and compared the searching times when my books where in the eBooks folder on the SD card, or in a different folder still on the SD card.
I might not have figured everything out though, because it seems it took _longer_ when the books where outside the eBooks folder (~13s compared to 10s on average, with lots of variation so it might not be relevant).
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #27
chlorine
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Has anybody tried out HTML files? Can you look at external picture file, a la Project Gutenberg? Thank you for any reply I get.
I'm not sure how Project Gutenberg handles pictures.
I have here an html book that starts with a paragraph containing a small picture of the cover of the book. If I place the picture in the same folder as the book on my cybook, the picture is not shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd
To hope that dictionary is accessible also from PDFs, is pointless too, I guess.
Yup, doesn't seem to be working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
No, and the people at bookeen won't give a release date for fear of being wrong again.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #28
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Does the delete button actually delete under the new firmware?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #29
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not yet --any time soon... (next week ? )

On a more general note : we (chlorine & others) are only the carriers of (maybe bad) news... a tad more urbanity in this conversation would be appreciated..; some of these posts sound like a 3rd degree drilling.(or maybe I'm tired? Ok let's make it that then).
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I, for one, very much appreciate all the useful information you're giving us .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote