Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Upgraded the 64MB unit to Build 796. Having problems.

Once again, if I bring up the contextual menu within the ebook, select "Back to Library" and return to the Library, the Cybook will immediately (sometimes) jump back into the ebook at the page I left. This can happen over and over again and I end up having to switch the Cybook off to 'break' the cycle so I can choose another ebook from the Library.

I can't remember what was decided needed to be done. Yes, all the ebooks are on the SD card. Yes, if I add or delete an ebook, I always do a "Safely Remove Hardware" to disconnect from the PC.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Might be worth trying the "796fmt" reflasher, just in case something went awry with the standard "updating" reflasher.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Might be worth trying the "796fmt" reflasher, just in case something went awry with the standard "updating" reflasher.
The only thing I'm worried about is that the 796Fmt is really "pushing" the 16MB size. And that's all that the 64MB Cybooks have in their firmware memory. What if it dies? Then I've got *NO* Cybooks until my 512MB unit gets back...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
The only thing I'm worried about is that the 796Fmt is really "pushing" the 16MB size. And that's all that the 64MB Cybooks have in their firmware memory. What if it dies? Then I've got *NO* Cybooks until my 512MB unit gets back...
But a big part of this 16M should be the files that are placed in the user accessible partition so the size of the internal firmware partition should not matter.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Once again, if I bring up the contextual menu within the ebook, select "Back to Library" and return to the Library, the Cybook will immediately (sometimes) jump back into the ebook at the page I left. This can happen over and over again and I end up having to switch the Cybook off to 'break' the cycle so I can choose another ebook from the Library.
This happens if you press twice on the button so I would say that you have a faulty button and the new functionality when button presses are buffered made that visible.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
This happens if you press twice on the button so I would say that you have a faulty button and the new functionality when button presses are buffered made that visible.
My thought exactly. When you say you use your cybook 15 hours a day, day in day out, I would think the button is just worn out........
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I have a 64MB Cybook, with build 796, not fmt, and it's behaving itself. The problem you describe never happened to me, and I read 10-15 books on it since the update.

Perhaps it only happens with some ebook formats? I read mainly html.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote