Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #106
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
pi-0.8 isn't as easy to port to win32 as it uses bundled programs (yapdfinfo and yapdftoxml) which need to be compiled with poppler. I'll see what I can see this coming weekend...
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #107
caritas
Enthusiast
caritas doesn't littercaritas doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
I am now working on ibsuite (image book suite), which combines pi and some other e-book image tools. And the intention is to make it easier to compile and install. The main target platform is unix like platform. I think maybe it can work with cygwin under windows.
caritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #108
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That's awesome! This is a tool I'm anxious to try, but is a bit more than I want to bite off in current form (because I'm lazy, not because it's not nice as it is).

But to see this in a simple to use tool, even if only in Linux or cygwin, would be awesome!

In addition, are there still any thoughts about adding it to PDFRead?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #109
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Actually, caritas was all ready for it (he even released 0.8 by implementing some of the ideas we discussed) but I got caught up with a lot of work in real life and couldn't make progress on anything (as you might have noticed by my absence on the forum).

I'm thinking of restarting work on PDFRead, but don't know when it'll be done [no commitments considering my tardy track record]. I plan to do it as a single C++ executable and have got the necessary libraries to cross-compile for Windows (developing on Linux) -- the algorithm has still to be ported.

Either way, there have been lots of good improvements on the PDF front lately -- soPDF, PaperCrop, pi and PDFRead are now available and are good in certain aspects. We should also give thanks to alex_d (for PDFRasterFarian) and cacapee (for pdflrf) as they have served as inspiration for these tools, although they are are no longer legally available.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #110
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
...I'm thinking of restarting work on PDFRead, but don't know when it'll be done...

Either way, there have been lots of good improvements on the PDF front lately -- soPDF, PaperCrop, pi and PDFRead are now available and are good in certain aspects. We should also give thanks to alex_d (for PDFRasterFarian) and cacapee (for pdflrf) as they have served as inspiration for these tools, although they are are no longer legally available.
That's awesome news in any timeframe. I haven't checked out the newer tools yet, but am delighted with the simplicity of PDFRead, so that's what I've been using. I guess I'll have to take another look now that some time has passed and more work has been done.

I don't think I'll ever stop being impressed with the amazing community achievements of software developers whose collective work produces such useful applications made available freely. I think I echo the sentiments of many when I say "Thanks, thanks and more thanks!"
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #111
caritas
Enthusiast
caritas doesn't littercaritas doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
Finally, there is successor for this program, renamed to IBSuite.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44247
caritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #112
Shyne
Enthusiast
Shyne began at the beginning.

Device: none
is this only for Linux?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote