Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #16
mackles
mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Reading (both e-reading and paperbacks!
Writing (mainly poetry)
Tennis
I've also recently started playing around with web design (just for fun). Am mainly teaching myself using beginner's guides, like this intro to html5 - if anyone else has any experience in this / good resources that would be great

also into gaming
cooking (sometimes)
mackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #17
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
I enjoy creating websites, but so far all I've mastered is weebly's drag-and-drop interface
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Web design use to be a hobby of mine. I made a little cash off it back in the day. When WordPress came out I switched my sites over to them then when hard times hit I moved everything to Tumblr.

We've come a long ways since the days of simple html tags. It's good knowledge to have though especially if you are trying to fix a badly formatted eBook.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:38 AM   #19
mackles
mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mackles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That's cool! Yeah and it's quite fun just trying to get to grips with the "language"
mackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #20
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
reading
playing keyboards
writing
composing (music)
cardio exercise
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #21
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Web design use to be a hobby of mine. I made a little cash off it back in the day. When WordPress came out I switched my sites over to them then when hard times hit I moved everything to Tumblr.
We've come a long ways since the days of simple html tags. It's good knowledge to have though especially if you are trying to fix a badly formatted eBook.
How did you make cash? Designing sites for people?
Old 07-26-2016, 03:15 PM   #22
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
reading
playing keyboards
writing
composing (music)
cardio exercise
I've thought about trying to compose before, but never really tried. Do you have any pieces anywhere online?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
How did you make cash? Designing sites for people?
Designing and maintaining mostly. I also did some graphic design. It was back in the day of banners, buttons and horrible textured backgrounds. Flash was in it's infancy and what was php? Everything was CGI scripts. guestbooks were big back then and web circles. lol style sheets were the newest thing and a huge welcomed changed.

Mozilla actually had a website design tool then. It was a very long time ago. I used Dreamweaver back then.

Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:52 AM   #24
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

Wow, that sounds really neat
Based off of your descriptions I can think of a few sites that I now know the age of
Old 07-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #25
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Reading
Running
Knitting
Surfing and playing apps. Really trying to quit the later.
Cooking and dining out
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #26
gridlewak
Enthusiast
gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gridlewak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
Reading
Book collecting
Ham radio
Collecting and restoring vintage vacuum tube radios
Collecting odd looking vacuum tubes for my display
Building crystal sets
Wood carving
Painting
Photo editing
Working on my family tree. ( The photo editing has come in quite handy for that)
Photography
gridlewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:08 AM   #27
rraod
Bibliophile
rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Computing
Tinkering with computers, tablets, cellphones and gadgets
Web browsing
eBooks collecting and reading
Converting old downloaded PDFs, DOCs and HTMLs to epubs and clean formatting.
Earlier film photography and since 2003 entirely digital photography
Scanning old photos in to digital images
Organizing the photo collection with proper renaming the files and folders
Sharing the photo collection with relatives and friends
Watching movies on TV
Social media like Facebook and Whatsapp.
Active on forums like MobileRead etc.
Travelling
Collecting and listening to music.
Did some work on our family tree.
Active on Quora.
rraod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:24 AM   #28
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Reading
Watching tv series and films
Making cards
Photo journaling (Project Life)
Colouring in colouring books
Mixed Media (just starting)
Playing computer games (I love god games, city builders and scary point and click mysteries)
Cycling (the taking it easy kind, not the spandex kind and only when the weather is good)
Listening to music (though less lately)
Trying to resist getting into more crafty things and failing miserably
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:01 AM   #29
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
I've thought about trying to compose before, but never really tried. Do you have any pieces anywhere online?
My music is very simply arranged. You must know I have had no training. One day I'll upload something to youtube.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #30
fum
Zealot
fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWII
Reading, drumming (With a 70's -> 80's heavyband), trains.
The train stuff is actually new. I have bought an n-scale set. I love putting modelhouses together, creating trees from strange stuff in the garden. Right now I'm in the process the creating a fence out of toothpicks, and trying to make it look like old tree.
fum is offline   Reply With Quote