Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
headbrother
headbrother began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace
Unhappy Device is not recognized by the caliber

Dear, good night, I installed the gauge in the hope of replacing my esteemed moby pocket, since I am now using android install this software but my device does not appear where it should be the heart for donations.
I do not know how to do that I synchronize my ace sansumg galaxy as Android 2.3 sincornizar calibre.

Who can help, thank you.
headbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
I suspect english is not your mother language and that you used an automated translator. The problem is it's very difficult to understand your question.

I gather you want to connect your device under android 2.3 with calibre. That can be done by using the "connect to folder" feature on calibre.

Plug your device on your computer as a disk, click on connect to folder. Go to the folder where your books will be stored on your device and here you are, you are have connected your device to calibre.
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak4dr View Post
I suspect english is not your mother language and that you used an automated translator. The problem is it's very difficult to understand your question.

I gather you want to connect your device under android 2.3 with calibre. That can be done by using the "connect to folder" feature on calibre.

Plug your device on your computer as a disk, click on connect to folder. Go to the folder where your books will be stored on your device and here you are, you are have connected your device to calibre.
Only if the device will give you a drive letter. Not all devices will do this.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Looks like he has a Samsung Galaxy, but don't know which one. Phone or player? I would think either would show up in explorer as a drive. In either case, maybe someone with a Samsung can answer his question.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I use the Samsung Galaxy 5 media player...same as the Galaxy S,etc phone but wifi only...I have to set my Galaxy player to "usb"...I can set it as "usb", media player, or "Kies" device...in order for Calibre to see it as a drive.
I seems similar in use to the Galaxy Tabs I've played with at Best Buy.
So I suggest headbrother check to see if the same settings are available and if so change to "usb".

Initially when connecting it to my computer and starting Calibre it did not see it. Once I changed the setting to usb Calibre saw it as a basic drive...my computer also saw each drive and assigned a letter to them...the internal storage and the micro sd card I installed...and the connection problem was solved.

An interesting aside. Prior to adding a micro sd card to the player, Calibre would send books to the internal storage as default. Upon installing the micro sd card Calibre now uses it as the default storage and gives me no option to use another...or I do not know how to set the internal or external drive as the default storage.
It does not really matter but I would prefer to have control over the storage location.

Last edited by Kai Winters; 01-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert