Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #76
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Just a heads up, there is a new FW available thru the Pandigital downloader and kewlguy has already made a custom FW available based on it (available over at slatedroid).

The big plus seems to be Wifi is reportedly more stable again, fixing the sketchiness of the February update.

edit: this is for the White model.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #77
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Crossposted from elsewhere for others who read this thread. My experiences:

Quote:
I love the Amazon App store. I had no access to the Android Marketplace with my stock Pandigital Novel, but now I do have access to a functional snappy store with the AAS.

I never had access to a build of Angry Birds before that worked well, but Angry Birds Rio worked well right off the bat. Everything seems to work. I love it!
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #78
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
Hi

Hi guys, I am new here ,so thanks in advance
I am going to buy an used white novel and upgrade to 4g memory. I have two questions:
1:can any microsd card be used as internal memory or only specific brand? Or I can only upgrade external memory?
2: I looked at pd website, it said when I upgrade to tablet firmware, I need remove internal mem and insert microsd that include new fm, does this mean anyway i need buy another card?
Thanks
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #79
rePete
Connoisseur
rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Today I got an email from B&N about a new FW update for the PD Novel Color 7" (mine's black). After the update my home screen looks the same, minus the books - guess it applies to the white one?
rePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #80
sarah418
sarah418 began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital eReader
Newest firmware not working? HELP!

I downloaded the most recent firmware from the pandigital site on 4/12/11 and although it says the home screen ought to change, it has not. How do I figure out what version of firmware my eReader is using? If it is the newest, why it does not look like an android tablet, as it is supposed to?
Thanks!
sarah418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #81
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Did you get the update from here? http://www.pandigital.net/ANDROID

That is where you download the updater application that runs on your PC. It will tell when to hook up your PDN and exactly what to do.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #82
Caesius
Melancholy Clown
Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Caesius is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook Tablet (had Cruz SE & PDN's before)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah418 View Post
I downloaded the most recent firmware from the pandigital site on 4/12/11 and although it says the home screen ought to change, it has not. How do I figure out what version of firmware my eReader is using? If it is the newest, why it does not look like an android tablet, as it is supposed to?
Thanks!
I've done it so many times since it was available (see link tselling noted), and mine hasn't changed at all. In fact, each and every time I go through the process, I watch the update tell me I have Firmware dated 11-23-2010. The instructions are fool proof.

Here's the thing though...

It all happened again, just as I noted above. Same firmware date, same screen. But then, as I was typing this very comment, the thing made the familiar -=bladoop=- noise. I look over to see the my wallpaper gone and the home screen looks just like the one noted here: http://www.pandigital.net/ANDROID
But, wasn't that exactly the same screen I had before I began using my own wallpaper? Well, before I click "Submit Reply" I went to my library, hoping to see the new update and eating my words. Unfortunately, the library had not changed a jot.

So, as noted above, I followed the instructions to the letter. It only set my machine back to how it was when I first started. Which also included removing some additions I made such as a comic book reader, YouTube player, and the like. Have no idea where I got the video player.

I have done this on three separate occasions - but attempted it well over three times. And the time just before this I tried it more than 6 times in a single night. And that was when I finally decided to just piecemeal my unit by adding a handful of things I can get one at a time. Then when I saw the tselling helpful response to your comment, I thought I must've been doing something wrong or going to the wrong place (and no, I'm not being sarcastic). It was the same place, but I still gave it a shot. And for those who might wonder what I saw as I went through the process -- Everything along the way indicated all went well. Never got an error. Never stalled. If you've done it, it is simple. But it only set me back to square one. Nothing new.

If you find a solution Sarah, I would love to hear it.

Last edited by Caesius; 04-17-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Caesius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #83
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Try this if the "White" PDN does not seem to update past whatever version of firmware is currently installed:

Take out any SD cards you may have in the PDN.

Connect the PDN to your PC.

Wait for the PDN's removable drive icon to appear in the list of drives in the Windows Explorer program (it will vary from user to user depending on your curent drive list).

Go into the PDN drive and see how many firmware files (*6410POP.ZIP) you see. They should be around 100 MB each.

Delete any of these old firmware files you find.

Re-try the updater process.

Last edited by steven522; 04-29-2011 at 03:27 PM.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #84
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
I rooted my pandigital white novel last around a year ago using the pandital upgrade. I then added the Android Market and a couple of other things and lost the B&N reader apk but could get email, Aldiko , solitaire and an avi player. Now when ugrading apks, I"m told that I need a newer firmware, the softare isn't compatible. Do I need to remove what I installed or can I uprgrade to a newer Android from where I am.. I don't understand one work I read on Slatedroid and have read the posts not to post unless you know what you are talking about and that would not be me. Does anyone know who to upgrade Android systems on the Novel? thanks
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote