Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #46
bobk
bobk began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
Thanks for the replies!

I actually began to think the Pandigital end may be the problem when I went to 3rd pc(win7pro) and couldnt even get to the update link last night. I will try later today after work and see. I was going to stay Ebook software on this unit as it was for my wife bday. I have another coming that I will go open with jts to play with etc. Thanks again all.
bobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #47
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Then I read here on another thread that a new update was available(1/30).
Wow. an "official" update from 1/14 to 1/30. I hope they have the issue corrected by the time I get home this evening.

Anyone here actually apply this and try it out yet?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #48
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Wow. an "official" update from 1/14 to 1/30.
Hmmm. I'll wait...unless this one takes us to Froyo.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM   #49
bobk
bobk began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
When all else fails I guess call the manufacturer. I called pandigital and they are having issues with the update server on that side. At least I know to try another day. For what it is worth Pandigital acually had a live person on the phone within a couple minutes to answer that for me. fastest customer service call I have had in ages, impressive!

again thanks for all the replies and help.
bobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #50
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I read about the new firmware update here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...43#post1367243

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 01-31-2011 at 01:49 PM.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #51
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I read about the new firmware update here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...43#post1367243

Ellen
Yep. Just an FYI, that was posted in a Black PDN thread so it might be a BPDN firmware.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #52
steven522
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Pandigital updater has a new White PDN firmware update dated 1/27/2011.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #53
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tell us more Steven.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #54
steven522

I tweaked the first posting to cover some generalities. I will be loading this on my Novel as soon as I am back home.

Just following some user postings on other sites, it appears that the new firmware includes updated graphic drivers. Some users report the video, game, and user interface being a lot "snappier" without hacking in video updates manually.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #55
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
I tweaked the first posting to cover some generalities. I will be loading this on my Novel as soon as I am back home.

Just following some user postings on other sites, it appears that the new firmware includes updated graphic drivers. Some users report the video, game, and user interface being a lot "snappier" without hacking in video updates manually.
That would be awesome. I'd lose my apps and all though, right?

It'd be ok if it makes Repligo work a touch faster though.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #56
steven522

OK. I performed the update on my WPDN last night.

First, it does reset all user information, settings and apps. You will have to set back up your date/time, wireless access, and re-install all apps.

It does run faster than the 1/14 firmware. I had applied a graphics hack and an update to the JIT on the 1/14 and, to me at least, the 1/27 seems to run at about the same speed without any hacks applied. This is based off of the responsiveness of a couple of ereader apps and, of course, Angry Birds.

I will probably run a clean flash with no hacks for the weekend at least before I start looking into any "tweaks".
Old 02-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #57
RockdaMan
Banned

Angry Bird would not run at all on my WPDN. Are you saying it does now?
Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #58
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Rock-- I think there's a PDN friendlier version floating out there. Spica version in top post.

http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=13728.0

There's already a rooted mod of the 1/27. Roebeet's. I'm running it with the JIT removed so Kindle will work. Seems nice so far. It's OP, so not for those looking to revert back to 2010 FWs-- but at this point I don't know what the point would be.

Last edited by soondai; 02-03-2011 at 11:35 AM.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #59
steven522

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Angry Bird would not run at all on my WPDN. Are you saying it does now?
The latest "Angry Birds" direct off of the market will run on the PDN with any of the OP "tablet" style firmware (1/14/11 or 1/27/11). However, it will run very slowly on the opening animations and the game play is a little bogged down. The video and JIT updates to 1/14/11 helped this out a little and the standard 1/27/11 seems to run as well as the 1/14 with enhancements.

There are two copies of AB floating around that run better. One is a stripped down version mentioned in a post above and the other is a version I found that just said "no ads". Either of these run with no real lag and only a problem with the in-game text either missing or showing as white blocks.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #60
RockdaMan
Banned

Quote:
The latest "Angry Birds" direct off of the market will run on the PDN with any of the OP "tablet" style firmware (1/14/11 or 1/27/11). However, it will run very slowly on the opening animations and the game play is a little bogged down. The video and JIT updates to 1/14/11 helped this out a little and the standard 1/27/11 seems to run as well as the 1/14 with enhancements.

There are two copies of AB floating around that run better. One is a stripped down version mentioned in a post above and the other is a version I found that just said "no ads". Either of these run with no real lag and only a problem with the in-game text either missing or showing as white blocks.
Thanks. I'll use this for a while, and then update the firmware once PDN seems to slow down the updates. It's nice to use the device, instead of always updating it, and then having to reinstall everything. Must be the Apple fan in me, wanting to pick it up and have it work and just use it.

Last edited by RockdaMan; 02-03-2011 at 03:56 PM.