Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #31
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDennis View Post
Nevermind - Ijust found them but the THANKS still stands!!!!
Would you share this information with the rest of us. Thanks.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #32
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
(With my hack): linkss/backups
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #33
JustDennis
JustDennis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(With my hack): linkss/backups
What he said!
JustDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #34
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
How can I change or stop them ?
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
What do you mean exactly?

If you want to use other screensavers, you'll have to install a screensavers hack. if you want to 'stop' them, it depends on your meaning:

1/ A blank screen instead of screensavers? Use a screensavers hack. (Except, er, not mine, or with a small patch, because by default there's a safety check to avoid blank screens ^^).

2/ To let your kindle stay awake more than 10min without any interactions? You'll have to use the sstimeout hack.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #36
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
I changed screensaver photos by kindle-2.5-screensaver-hack-0.4.
That what I was need.
Thank you for your help.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
NuKiwiKitchen
NuKiwiKitchen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - Model D00901 SN#B006...
Ditto...
NuKiwiKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #38
NuKiwiKitchen
NuKiwiKitchen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - Model D00901 SN#B006...
Yep...my new K3 has the same new additional images. As a matter of fact, so does my old K2 (now my hubby's).
NuKiwiKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #39
typo711
Kindle 3 user
typo711 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I found that disabling the screensaver drains all of my battery after 4 days! =(

A way to choose your screensaver and keep it on, is to just flick the switch to the one you want and leave it on that one rather than waiting for the screensaver to come on automatically.
typo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #40
typo711
Kindle 3 user
typo711 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Oh and, here is a list of all 23 Kindle Screensavers if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LasvphqtfV0
typo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #41
CBP the bookworm
CBP the bookworm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
My dad reckons that the "some sort of coding machine" on the kindle feedback screensaver is a part of the Enigma machine, but we haven't been able to confirm that hunch.
CBP the bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #42
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBP the bookworm View Post
My dad reckons that the "some sort of coding machine" on the kindle feedback screensaver is a part of the Enigma machine, but we haven't been able to confirm that hunch.
I think it's highly unlikely. Enigma was an electronic (or electro-mechanical) machine with a QWERTY-type keyboard, a QWERTY "lamp board" and (I think) three rotors. The one in the screen saver looks more like an old-style calculating machine.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #43
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I think it's highly unlikely. Enigma was an electronic (or electro-mechanical) machine with a QWERTY-type keyboard, a QWERTY "lamp board" and (I think) three rotors. The one in the screen saver looks more like an old-style calculating machine.
Agreed. That is definitely not part of the Engima machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-EnigmaMachineLabeled.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	72727  
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #44
CBP the bookworm
CBP the bookworm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I agree with you both - I showed him pics of the Enigma, and argued that the pic on the kindle screensaver is of something much older than that, and he still thought it might be some part of the internal workings. I'm glad to have some backup opinions from others LOL
CBP the bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #45
Mike L
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBP the bookworm View Post
... he still thought it might be some part of the internal workings.
Well, the fact that the screensaver device only has numeric rotors - whereas Enigma, by it nature, is alphanumeric - would go against that argument.