Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Keyboard for a Galaxy Player 5

I find I use my GP 5 for a lot of diverse things, including reading ebooks. My K3 is still my primary reader for .azw books. The GP 5 is for every other kind of ebook. One difference? A keyboard. The extra precision of the K3's keyboard is handy. I'm not a big Swype fan, and the built-in handwriting recognition is weak. So... how about a Bluetooth HID keyboard for the GP 5?

I found one I thought would work, based on on-line reviews, took a chance (it was under $30, so it wasn't a huge chance) and it works.

The keyboard is the Targus AKB33USX. It syncs up with the GP 5's Gingerbread O/S quite well. The only quirk of any note is the lack of function of the "Delete" key ("Backspace" works fine). Otherwise, it works well for every task I've put it to.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
I find I use my GP 5 for a lot of diverse things, including reading ebooks. My K3 is still my primary reader for .azw books. The GP 5 is for every other kind of ebook. One difference? A keyboard. The extra precision of the K3's keyboard is handy. I'm not a big Swype fan, and the built-in handwriting recognition is weak. So... how about a Bluetooth HID keyboard for the GP 5?

I found one I thought would work, based on on-line reviews, took a chance (it was under $30, so it wasn't a huge chance) and it works.

The keyboard is the Targus AKB33USX. It syncs up with the GP 5's Gingerbread O/S quite well. The only quirk of any note is the lack of function of the "Delete" key ("Backspace" works fine). Otherwise, it works well for every task I've put it to.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
I hope by vacation time (this coming Spring) I will have a NoteTouch (Note without cellular) or a Galaxy Player 5 inch plus and I will remember this keyboard.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I hope by vacation time (this coming Spring) I will have a NoteTouch (Note without cellular) or a Galaxy Player 5 inch plus and I will remember this keyboard.
I'd love to have a NoteTouch

Would be great if Sammy makes one.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I have to say that I want to join the band.

Beat the drum! Sound the horn!

I want a Note Touch also.

(I have been thinking about getting a used Note when the Note 2s come out and turning it into a Note Touch.)
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you remember the keyboard, forget about the very pretty lucite stand that comes with it. It blocks access to the bottom keys. I went to my go-to guys (or gals) at Michael's crafts and bought their smallest wire easel. The 2 inch easel is still a little too big, so I put a piece of cardboard in the two little hooks. It doesn't block the bottom buttons.

The lucite stand is probably great for a 10" tablet, not so good for a 5" media player. For now it's a paperweight.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist

Minor update. The lucite stand is good for reading in bed when you roll over on your tummy. Yet another example of the law of unintended consequences.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Old 09-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
I recently purchased the Hype Mini Bluetooth keyboard on eBay when it was on a special for $12. Rated very well to work with the Galaxy Players and Tablets. A bit smaller than the Targus and easier to take-with.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...board&_sacat=0

Last edited by Tabatha; 09-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote