Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #361
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Thanks, Inemi, for the information! I like the new select word mode in dictionary. Suggestion for futute updates: I think it would be nice to have the same mode in annotation: a single clic, annotate word, clic and drag, annotate interval.
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #362
anonvoy
anonvoy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla7 View Post
I have successfully installed it in my Onyx i62HD without renaming it, using an empty card. Have you tried to format the card? Or with another one?
I bought another card and tried it with that one, and that did the trick. Though I don't understand why it didn't work with the original card, that one worked before and was accessible and writeable.

So the update worked now. I lost both the multitasking patch and otfm, however, and had to reinstall both.
anonvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #363
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Left much room for improvement in this firmware.
For example, much of what is described in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202753
Apart from the much demanded new graphical interface with larger icons.

Speaking of CoolReader, I could try the Linux version Pocketbook cover the Lux Touch and have been impressed with the settings GUI where you can activate the styles, fonts embedded, gamma sources, hyphenación and much more.
And I felt a healthy envy.
So much hard carry as complete version of the Onyx Boox Pocketbook ...?
Will we ever see a tool for reading with these possibilities in our Boox ..?

To be fair, the Pocketbook PDF reader Lux Touch is considerably lower than that implement our Boox.
At that the Boox are the kings, now, by far.

As costs nothing to dream, I hope someday to have a level of CoolReader Pocketbook.
Then we could say that our readers are nearly perfect.

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #364
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
[QUOTE=fraylocus;2577106]Left much room for improvement in this firmware.
For example, much of what is described in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202753
Apart from the much demanded new graphical interface with larger icons.
[\QUOTE]

Be patient, in the change log there is a note saying that a lot of new features were not included yet in this firmware because they are in testing. Booxtor talked in this forum about some of the improvements (for example, Acapella TTS), so I hope to see a new update soon. Lets cross our fingers!
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #365
dashwq
dashwq began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hello, is there an upgrade which enables to merge underlined words using PDF reader and export them merged in a txt? Thanks
dashwq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #366
dashwq
dashwq began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
I mean highlighted words sorry =)
dashwq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #367
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
Wonder when the new update is coming..
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #368
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Please, could we have an idea about when to expect an update for the GUI of the firefly? The machine has been out for over a year with a user interface which was conceived for a bigger screen device. Don't you think it would be a decent consumer policy to finally give this machine an appropriate user interface ? What is taking so long, for something that has been obvious to everybody, including the reseller, since the launching of the product ? It really can't be that difficult for the people who conceived it, can it ? Other brands seem to manage…
Have a good day.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #369
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Please, could we have an idea about when to expect an update for the GUI of the firefly? The machine has been out for over a year with a user interface which was conceived for a bigger screen device. Don't you think it would be a decent consumer policy to finally give this machine an appropriate user interface ? What is taking so long, for something that has been obvious to everybody, including the reseller, since the launching of the product ? It really can't be that difficult for the people who conceived it, can it ? Other brands seem to manage…
Have a good day.
I fully agree. I have both: i62hd and M92 and GUI it's clearly designed for M92, so it's quite bad for i62hd.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #370
inthemood
Zealot

With the android version (i63) coming out, is there any hope for a firefly i62 GUI upgrade ? A truthful answer would be appreciated, no matter how depressing it might be. Thank you.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #371
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
With the android version (i63) coming out, is there any hope for a firefly i62 GUI upgrade ? A truthful answer would be appreciated, no matter how depressing it might be. Thank you.
I fear that the current support for the Onyx models: M92, Firefly i62HD i62HD and over, due to the emergence of new models.
Planned obsolescence, is called perverse practices by all enterprises.
However, there are Booxtor promises to continue with the support.
The question is whether it will meet .....

The least we can ask Onyx, is that at least release the code so that users can left to our own alternative solutions on our own.

And the lesson to be learned from this and other manufacturers, is not to buy products with beta firmware full of bugs.
In the hands of consumers is the key that these things do not happen.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #372
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
However, there are Booxtor promises to continue with the support.
The question is whether it will meet .....
I guess that is the question… Should we go on hoping, or should we give up ?

It's not like this device was given away. It came at a certain price, and I think it is not unreasonable to expect support especially when we took the gamble and purchased a device with an inappropriate software.
Maybe as fraylocus says, we, the customers, should stop doing that, and then maybe such devices wouldn't sell anymore.
That would be too bad though, as I think customer feedback can, more often than not, help the developers improve their devices.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #373
inthemood
Zealot

Does an unanswered question mean we should give up ? (How's that for another question about a question ?)

Have a good day.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #374
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Does an unanswered question mean we should give up ? (How's that for another question about a question ?)

Have a good day.
I suppose that!
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #375
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
I agree with you two ( inthemood and Manolo )
I have lost hope that they will make some software improvement or at least improving the interface... :-(
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote