Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Firmware version are you using?
Story 1.88 0 0%
Story 1.86 4 28.57%
Story 1.71 8 57.14%
Story 1.61 0 0%
Story 1.50 0 0%
Story 1.12 0 0%
Story 1.10 0 0%
Story 1.04 0 0%
Story 1.02 0 0%
Cover Story 1.11 0 0%
Cover Story 1.10 1 7.14%
Cover Story 1.07 0 0%
Cover Story 1.06 0 0%
Other 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
Which Firmware version are you using?

I hope I have covered all existing versions.
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
You forgot 1.84 on the wifi iRiver Story which is sold in the UK.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
what ereader is this for?????
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Ignore, wrong thread... too late at night

Last edited by elcreative; 12-16-2010 at 11:05 PM.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischeriad View Post
I hope I have covered all existing versions.
So fairly overwhelmingly, it seems 1.71 is the "community" standard in use.

I'm using 1.71, and for my purposes there's probably not a lot I really wish for from my Story that it doesn't do. I've given up trying to read PDFs, and I simply don't use any of the utilities, so the only things I could wish for from it now (that wouldn't require a hardware upgrade) would be improved menu format/display (to allow, say, book titles to wrap to a second line) and, ideally, at least a couple more intervening steps in the range of text sizes available.

Other things on my wish list (such as better handling of TXT files, reflowable display of DOC and maybe recognition of RTF) can at least be worked around. In an ideal world, the menu system would also allow me to display via a hierarchical folder system, to better manage collections or multi-volume books.

So, brave ischeriad, if you do venture into the trackless marshes of updating firmware, they would be my nominations for things that *I'd* like to see in a new version.

Cheers,
Bran.

(p.s. Oh, I thought of something else: a header at the top of the reader page that showed the title of the book on display, and maybe had an option of also displaying the time.)

(p.p.s. If I can help with the project, should you continue with the thought, I'm happy to do whatever I can to assist. I expect that would be limited, though, by the fact that I have no programming skills whatsoever. Sorry.)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote