Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Recommended reading for the bed bound

Hello,
I am currently bed bound with a serious case of gastroenteritis.
I have my Sony Reader and a laptop; what would you recommend for me to read?
I'm looking for something that's light, pleasant and non-copyrighted. Furthermore something that doesn't mention sickness or violence (my stomach is currently very vulnerable..)
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
try some of the stuff by Pamela Houston (I haven't a clue if there are any ebooks).

"Sisterhood of Traveling Pants"

"Secret Life of Bees"

I read so much military, history and sci-fi this is a very hard request!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 02:09 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Oh, no.. I hope you are up and around soon. What genre do you like? Are you looking for free downloads?

I have a list I've started on feedbooks. I've listed those MR author members that I've found on feedbooks. I have their names on the list, but not all their books are listed in my downloads yet.
A fun, light paranormal, romance (although not like a harlequin romance) you might want to try is Black Silk by Jan Gordon. Check Naomi Kramer, Wesley Allison, and Ben Essex for something slightly different.

Smashwords is a site used by many MR author members also.. (I don't have a way of making a list on their site....yet) check my signature for tracking down those member's posts to their works or search for them on smashwords. Some are free. I really enjoyed Maria Schneider's books (Sage and Catch an Honest Thief) and Alan Hutcheson's book, Boomerang (coupon code here).

I hope you are feeling well, soon.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Hello,
I am currently bed bound with a serious case of gastroenteritis.
I have my Sony Reader and a laptop; what would you recommend for me to read?
I'm looking for something that's light, pleasant and non-copyrighted. Furthermore something that doesn't mention sickness or violence (my stomach is currently very vulnerable..)
Hey me too! Yay! (ahem)
Still have to work thought (even if no one comes within a mile of my desk), but when I took Monday afternoon off (after nearly fainting) I read Anne of The Island, the third book of the Anne of Green Gables series, that have been entirely uploaded here by Dr Dribs and Patricia. Nothing better then a kids book when you're sick!

Good luck to you, and drink loads of water.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #5
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
How about this?

Jane Austen, Wilkie Collins, Lucy Maud Montgomery?

Those authors are not necessarily light reading, but they get me involved to the point that I lose track of time.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
raphaelnonsenso
Enthusiast
raphaelnonsenso doesn't litterraphaelnonsenso doesn't litter

Device: Sony Touch, K3
For light reading may I suggest G.K.Chesterton's Father Brown stories. Wonderfully written short stories that will bring a smile to your face.
I Hope you get well soon
raphaelnonsenso is offline   Reply With Quote