Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
Newest Firmware for 505?

just got the 505 and now im asking, which is the newest firmware out there?

i got the 1.4.00.23260

am i up to date?
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
That's curious. My 505 shows version 1.1.00.18040. I just installed the latest ebook library software but when I check for updates with the 505 connected, it says that there are no new updates. I guess I need to poke around some more and see I need to update mine some other way.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I think the .23 version is localized to a foreign language....but I'm not entirely sure my memory is correct on that.

I think the .18 is the most recent English version.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
Floeee
Groupie
Floeee began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s *returned* / Sony PRS-505 *returned* / Asus eee PC t91
ok sorry guys, just recognized that the 1.4. is the newest for europe (german)
Floeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's good to hear because I can't find a firmware update anywhere for the 505.
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 04:05 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
That's curious. My 505 shows version 1.1.00.18040. I just installed the latest ebook library software but when I check for updates with the 505 connected, it says that there are no new updates. I guess I need to poke around some more and see I need to update mine some other way.
The second digit indicates the language:

1.1 = US English
1.2 = UK English
1.3 = French
1.4 = German

(I think that's right).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Mine (Canada - US English) is 1.1.01.25200
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefx View Post
Mine (Canada - US English) is 1.1.01.25200
That is the same version I have... purchased in Orlando, FL a few weeks ago.

wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
Taxidermista
Taxidermista began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The second digit indicates the language:

1.1 = US English
1.2 = UK English
1.3 = French
1.4 = German

(I think that's right).
What?? No spanish version!!??
Taxidermista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
That is the same version I have... purchased in Orlando, FL a few weeks ago.

That's interesting. Mine's 1.1.00.18040, and indicates there are no updates, too...

Has anyone successfully updated their Library software to the new version? I've seen a bunch of negative input, but I've been gone for 2 weeks, and don't know if it's been addressed yet...

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
That's interesting. Mine's 1.1.00.18040, and indicates there are no updates, too...

Has anyone successfully updated their Library software to the new version? I've seen a bunch of negative input, but I've been gone for 2 weeks, and don't know if it's been addressed yet...

Sayhello
I updated the eBook Library software 2 weeks ago and haven't had any problems with it. There are still no updates to it or the 505 firmware available.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Hello everyone,
After reading all that my eyes could take in about the 505, I purchased one from Amazon. It just arrived at my home yesterday. So far my only question is should I install the eBook library that is on the cd, or should I download the newest version? If I stick with the one on the disk, will my reader be able to read epub books that are becoming more readily available now??
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
So far my only question is should I install the eBook library that is on the cd, or should I download the newest version? If I stick with the one on the disk, will my reader be able to read epub books that are becoming more readily available now??
Even if you install the old version, you will be asked if want to install the new version. Also, the 505 has always been able to read epub; it was one of the upgrades from the 500.
By the way, congrats on getting the 505.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaAnn View Post
the 505 has always been able to read epub; it was one of the upgrades from the 500.
That is incorrect, the 505 received epub support only with FW 1.1.00.18040 on 07/24/2008. I don't have a 500 but AFAIK they still can't open epub.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Thanks for the speedy replies! I did update to the new version and transferred an epub book from my computer...just to be sure that all was working. Its so easy!!
I love the looks and feel of this 505. I even like the cover that came with it. Since this ereader is discontinued, I have already ordered a new leather cover in case they too become hard to find. I know I will love my new 505!!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote