Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
LlamaFu
LlamaFu began at the beginning.

Device: Android devices
moon reader highlight problem

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried to search...

Has anyone had problems highlighting pdf files in moon reader? Some pdfs work just fine, however I've run into a few, where the highlights seem to be random letters... I went through a whole paper, only to find out all my highlights are worthless...
LlamaFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I just made a quick test on my tablet with Moon+ Reader Pro and at the very least using highlighting isn't particularly intuitive.

Two issues are relevant here:
  • I'm a new user - bought the program 2 days ago. So my lack of familiarity, and the possibility of outright user error, are relevant.
  • I didn't create the PDF, so it is possible that it is one of those "image of text" PDFs and not one with real text inside of it.
I was able to place a yellow note callout, stickynote, word bubble, or whatever with some dummy text inside. But no, I could not seem to highlight text with my quick test (3 min, tops).

PS: For what it's worth, I know that Mantano's reader is supposed to have a problem with highlighting as well. I remember seeing that in the user reviews.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert