Enthusiast
KaiGoth began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500 & PRS700
Anyone else have the below problem?

Quote:
mymac:~/eBooks/Assiti Shards$ rtf2lrf 1633.rtf

Converting to HTML...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/rtf2lrf.py", line 9, in <module>
main()
File "libprs500/ebooks/lrf/rtf/convert_from.pyo", line 66, in main
File "libprs500/ebooks/lrf/rtf/convert_from.pyo", line 48, in generate_html

libprs500.ebooks.Conversion Error?: unrtf failed with error code: -11
KaiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
send me the rtf.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #18
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
send me the rtf.
Attached to ticket #134 (exceeds MR rtf size limit).

This seems to happen with just about every BAEN rtf I have. I thought I'd go through and convert all of the RTF versions from the CDs to LRF tonight. Maybe I'll try the lit2lrf and see if that works.

Any recommendations on the best format to convert FROM using the libprs500 utilities? BTW, thanks for an awesome set of tools. Really appreciate it!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

html is the best.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #20
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
html is the best.
What if the html is broken into multiple pages?

For example:

http://www.webscription.net/chapters...319728_toc.htm
Advert
Old 08-05-2007, 02:20 AM   #21
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Thanks for updating to 0.3.86!

Tried the change, now get a different error message (looks like I'm not importing some images)...

Quote:
mymac:~/eBooks/Assiti Shards$ rtf2lrf 1632.rtf
Converting to HTML... done
Processing tmp7MBsNN.html
Parsing HTML... done
Converting to BBeB...Unable to process: /private/tmp/rtf2lrf_iUcnOD/pict001.wmf cannot identify image file
Unable to process: /private/tmp/rtf2lrf_iUcnOD/pict002.wmf cannot identify image file
Unable to process: /private/tmp/rtf2lrf_iUcnOD/pict003.wmf cannot identify image file
done
Output written to /Users/tdykstra/eBooks/Assiti Shards/1632.lrf
Anyways, I noticed that it doesn't pull meta-data from the source file like lit2lrf. I'm assuming this is because RTF doesn't contain any, but I thought I'd ask just in case.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:26 AM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

you can check rtf metadata with the command rtf-meta. The warnings are because the python imaging library doesn't support wmf format images.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #23
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
you can check rtf metadata with the command rtf-meta. The warnings are because the python imaging library doesn't support wmf format images.
OK, thanks!

Looks like I'm having problems with rtf-meta as well.

Quote:
mymac:~/eBooks/Assiti Shards$ rtf-meta 1632.rtf
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/rtf-meta.py", line 9, in <module>
main()
File "libprs500/ebooks/metadata/rtf.pyo", line 151, in main
File "libprs500/ebooks/metadata/rtf.pyo", line 102, in set_metadata
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

mymac:~/eBooks/Assiti Shards$ rtf-meta -t 1632 1632.rtf
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/rtf-meta.py", line 9, in <module>
main()
File "libprs500/ebooks/metadata/rtf.pyo", line 151, in main
File "libprs500/ebooks/metadata/rtf.pyo", line 102, in set_metadata
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Last edited by KaiGoth; 08-05-2007 at 02:59 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 08-05-2007, 02:53 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That rtf file has no metadata, but rtf-meta shouldn't crash. Will be fixed in next release.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:59 AM   #25
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
That rtf file has no metadata, but rtf-meta shouldn't crash. Will be fixed in next release.
Cool, thank you!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGoth View Post
What if the html is broken into multiple pages?

For example:

http://www.webscription.net/chapters...319728_toc.htm
html2lrf will traverse the links and sort it all out for you into one nice LRF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:41 AM   #27
KaiGoth
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
html2lrf will traverse the links and sort it all out for you into one nice LRF.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for some of my other stuff. I must admit though, I'm pretty pleased with the way lit2lrf has been working on the Baen products. The maps and images come out great. (Also for some strange reason Baen puts maps and TOC at the back of html versions, but not lit).

I have a bunch of html formatted stuff from reading on my old Treo and xv6700 though, and I'm looking forward to trying it on those.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

All the 2lrf tools use html2lrf under the hood. The reason I say html is best is that it allows you the greatest control over the conversion process.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #29
ZeBuddha
MonkeyWrench
ZeBuddha began at the beginning.

Device: SE K800i & PSP - looking at PRS500 :D
The following is an error message I've gotten a LOT of times.
Code:
  File "convert_from.py", line 94, in <module>
  File "convert_from.py", line 69, in main
  File "convert_from.py", line 50, in generate_html
libprs500.ebooks.ConversionError: unrtf failed with error code: -1073741819
It doesn't happen with each *.rtf file, but I don't think it'd be an exaggeration to say it happens with about half of them.

The version of UnRTF it shows in the command prompt is 0.19.3... is that the latest one?
ZeBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBuddha View Post
The following is an error message I've gotten a LOT of times.
Code:
  File "convert_from.py", line 94, in <module>
  File "convert_from.py", line 69, in main
  File "convert_from.py", line 50, in generate_html
libprs500.ebooks.ConversionError: unrtf failed with error code: -1073741819
It doesn't happen with each *.rtf file, but I don't think it'd be an exaggeration to say it happens with about half of them.

The version of UnRTF it shows in the command prompt is 0.19.3... is that the latest one?
What version libprs500 are you using?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, rtf2lrf