Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Converted epub on Calibre

I was wondering whether most people, after converting to epub delete the original formatted book from Calibre?

I just noticed that some of my books on Calibre were large so I went through and left just the epubs but I was nervous deleting the old books.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
I chuck the old books out from my library. Occasionally I back up the original to a CD or something (especially if its a PDF) as calibre's conversion is not always the best.
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Uh oh. Too late. I wanted to put my books on a CD so I thought I would clean it up first. Should have waited. Oh well. I am getting used to reading text with the odd number or word or title thrown in somewhere and forget about page numbering.

I guess it is a good sign that the mess doesn't distract from the reading experience on the gadget.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
I was wondering whether most people, after converting to epub delete the original formatted book from Calibre?

I just noticed that some of my books on Calibre were large so I went through and left just the epubs but I was nervous deleting the old books.
As you might noticed, Calibre takes from directory you put original books in
various formats to the one you made and intent to have as a place to store
converted data. Calibre copies original to it and also stores epub to it. If
you delete from Calibre, you do not delete from the place you have books.
Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
wrenn1
Addict

So true Zoran. Thanks. I always ask first and think later or mostly don't think ever but luckily have you thinkers here to remind me. :-)
Advert