Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Calibre did things to my .rar!

I compressed bunch of pics into .rar file. Then I dropped it into Calibre and things got interesting - Calibre insists adding it as .cbr. Why? It has still right contents when I used Winrar to open it, just extension got changed by Calibre. Luckily, other .rar files I've added previously (last year) are still .rar-s.
I have nothing against .cbr, but only if it was .cbr while going in.

How can I convince Calibre to add .rar-s again?
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I compressed bunch of pics into .rar file. Then I dropped it into Calibre and things got interesting - Calibre insists adding it as .cbr. Why? It has still right contents when I used Winrar to open it, just extension got changed by Calibre. Luckily, other .rar files I've added previously (last year) are still .rar-s.
I have nothing against .cbr, but only if it was .cbr while going in.

How can I convince Calibre to add .rar-s again?
IIRC PICS only are assumed to be Comics
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's right. Picture-only ZIP files are assumed to be CBZ, picture-only RAR files, CBR. It hasn't done anything to the file; it's just changed the extension.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thanks.
I'll see how much other stuff I must cram into that .rar Chances are that I can delete at will once the .rar is accepted.
At least now I know the why and don't have to tremble in fear of Calibre running all out of control.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Thanks.
I'll see how much other stuff I must cram into that .rar Chances are that I can delete at will once the .rar is accepted.
At least now I know the why and don't have to tremble in fear of Calibre running all out of control.
You might only need a simple (x)HTML 'cover or index page'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert