Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
Have a SmartQV7, is it worth it to get a e-ink device! Mostly used for manga

Hi,
I have a SmartQ V7 however am interested in investing in an e-ink device. I will mostly use this for reading Mangas however I do love to read books too. Most of my ebooks are either pdf, lit, doc or txt. My mangas are in either rar, zip, cbr or cbz. I want to know in peoples opinion if there is a good e-ink device for reading manga yet.

The main reason I want to change is e-ink devices tend to have great battery life that normally last for a day where as my SmartQ last for 6 hours. It's good on normal days however when travelling or on holidays I would want something that I don't want to have to constantly be worrying about battery life dying.

Hope to hear poples input please.

Thanks agian
Renji

Last edited by Renji; 03-27-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: title
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Large screen is a must, but you don't have to get a monster like a Que or a Skiff. I've seen people happy with reading in 6 inches but I am not convinced. Probably an iRex device (iLiad, 800 or 1000) would fit your needs. You can wait some months though, since cheaper 9 inch readers (Hanlin and Pocketbook) are due to appear this summer.

However, you'd do a good thing if you started converting your manga. I'm afraid Cbr and Cbz are still a bit out of firmware's possibilities. I'd recommend you a certain little program for converting them to ePub.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
Thanks
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote