Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Hands on with ARINC's iLiad-based eFlyBook

Read all about it over at Engadget ..
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:41 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
"First and foremost, enough cannot be said about the sheer beauty of the display. We would swear up and down that we were looking at a sheet of laser-printed paper behind a sheet of matte glass -- yes, it's that good. In fact, you can use a sheet of paper right now to get a very good idea of the kinds of pros and cons you'll run into."

Looks like Chris Ziegler is another e-paper fan
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

He'd better say 'laser-printed recycled paper'. As good as e-ink is, the fact is that the 'paper' is not white but gray.
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #4
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTalker
He'd better say 'laser-printed recycled paper'. As good as e-ink is, the fact is that the 'paper' is not white but gray.
And likewise many *paper* book and/or paper we print on.

Paper usually look 'white' until you place many sheets from different vendors together; then they appear to be shades of 'white' ... or beige ... or grey?
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:38 AM   #5
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
And older novels... I have some pretty old ones that are very yellowed.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #6
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have yet to take the iLiad out into direct sunlight, but it seems that the screen color is a bit of a comprimise. In direct sunlight the grey will not reflect as much as pure white will. It's like when you go out and pull the mail out of your mailbox in bright sunshine, those white envelopes nearly blind you with the flash of reflected light.

This is just my assumption.

Looking at some different pictures of the e-paper devices out there I have to say that pictures of the Libre's display were the "whitest". I thought it looked the best. In some aspect, just from the pictures it appeared to be better than the iLiad, or the Sony Reader. I could not tell you how it compares side by side to the Jinke. The person to ask about this would be Henrycat since he has the Libre and iLiad.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
My question (is the screen better than the Librie?):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6392#post27797
And the next post has HenryCat's answer.

Last edited by ElaHuguet; 07-28-2006 at 11:31 AM.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
DrBibber
Iliad geek
DrBibber began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Why doesn't iRex allow to have exchangeable backgrounds :-) White for the laser printer paper people and yellow for the old novel lovers :-D Maybe some flower background for toilet paper fans too :-D
DrBibber is offline   Reply With Quote