Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #61
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Great new version! All very, very nice changes. Thank you!

And a question: now I've been using it for some days, and it kept happening yesterday when I was editing info in the main table, that the edit window would pop up. Right now, by trial and error, I realised that 'e' is a shortcut for the edit window, and when I type a word with an 'e' in, in my normal (fast) speed, somehow Calibre recognises it as me typing in an 'e' and not - for example 'general' in the tag field. Is there a way to disable shortcuts? I could also use a tag without any e's at the beginning of the word of course

I'm using 6.0 (on OSX)
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #62
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you saying that while editing tags, pressing e causes the edit metadata window to open?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #63
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just downloaded it and it looks feature filled. Does it translate LRF to Mobi?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #64
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, if I type very fast. At least when I type 'general'

Edit: I can see the 'g' has has been recognised, but then the edit window opens and leaves only a g in the tag field
Old 07-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Yes, if I type very fast. At least when I type 'general'

Edit: I can see the 'g' has has been recognised, but then the edit window opens and leaves only a g in the tag field
Hmm doesn't happen for me. Do you have some sort of special input mapping on your keys? like for support of non english characters
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #66
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Just downloaded it and it looks feature filled. Does it translate LRF to Mobi?
Nope it doesn't convert LRF.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:49 PM   #67
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm doesn't happen for me. Do you have some sort of special input mapping on your keys? like for support of non english characters
Hmm, just tried now; happened 7 times out of 10 - if I started with an empty field (i.e. if I just overwrote something it didn't happen - tried that 5 times)

I use a Danish keyboard, and the 'e' is placed in the top row: tab - q - w- e- r t ... I guess it has support for non-english characters (obviously) æ, ø, å, and some of the special characters are placed a bit different from English. I use the standard language settings that came with the computer (iMac)
Old 07-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #68
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Hmm, just tried now; happened 7 times out of 10 - if I started with an empty field (i.e. if I just overwrote something it didn't happen - tried that 5 times)
You mean if you type ina na empty field it does not happen but if you edit an already filled field it does? I suspect this has to do with the completion in that case.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #69
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You mean if you type ina na empty field it does not happen but if you edit an already filled field it does? I suspect this has to do with the completion in that case.
To be more precise - if I delete the text in an existing field and click away, and then start over, so to speak, in that field, then it happens. But not when I tried to overwrite an existing text string.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #70
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
To be more precise - if I delete the text in an existing field and click away, and then start over, so to speak, in that field, then it happens. But not when I tried to overwrite an existing text string.
I don't know if it helps, but when I just click 'e' while in the main table view, the edit window opens, everytime. I assumed this is intentional since it's 'e' for 'edit', but now I wondered it is.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #71
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes 'e' is the shortcut for Edit you can see the other shorcuts by right clicking in the main window (ctrl-click on Mac I guess)
Old 07-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #72
Ea
Wizard

Thank you. I wanted to be sure. You can actually right click on a Mac now, too - even with an Apple mouse. The one button mouse was never really a great idea.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #73
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeksterInSF View Post
Failing that, can somebody e-mail me Calibre 0.5.14? I'd appreciate that very much. Thanks.
I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight I'm willing to throw a copy of 0.5.14 out on rapidshare for those (like me) having mega-problems with the new release...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #74
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I uploaded the Windows 0.5.14 version to rapidshare at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26086122....5.14.exe.html

Apparently, it can only be downloaded 10 times before being deleted...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #75
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I uploaded the Windows 0.5.14 version to rapidshare at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26086122....5.14.exe.html

Apparently, it can only be downloaded 10 times before being deleted...
I've become really happy with my dropbox account, from where I can also share files publicly or by invitation and you don't need an account for being able to download. Upload is fast, and I think download is fine, too. And it's perfect if you need to work on files from several computers. And you get 2 GB space for free.

https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTExOTc0ODA5
(plus 250 MB extra if you use my invitation link )