Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
colinux + scratchbox ?

I just found that there is a wonderful thing - colinux. I didn't know it until now. Currently, I have to do cross-compile in Scratchbox/Linux/VMware/WinXP, I wonder if I can do it in Scratchbox/Linux+colinux/WinXP. I am going to try it. If you know anything about colinux, please comment or advise.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
CoLinux is really amazing. I can use Linux application in Windows XP without a virtual machine emulator. I think it's time to move my cross-compile environment to CoLinux based Debian or Ubuntu and remove that huge virtual machine built in VMWare.

For people who want a fast experience of the power of coLinux, there is a "portable Ubuntu" project that provides pre-built Ubuntu based on coLinux with GUI properly configured. Users won't notice they are using Linux.

Last edited by ericshliao; 01-28-2009 at 07:51 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Have a look at the andlinux.
It is built on top of colinux.

It was formely released as a developement platform for GP2X.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote