Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-29-2016, 01:57 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
adverts during file transfer

yesterday I connected CC to content server
( on a new PC so 1st time connecting to that IP, if that's a factor)
looked at books, selected one for download, and then a samll advert popped up- top centre small banner.

Lenovo android tablet android 5.0.1

I assume that is NOT the app's fault - some new android feature perchance?
is this going to keep happening?
I guess that the file download is what triggered it.
Also the add seemed vaguely related to ES file explorer so maybe that's the culprit and is monitoring file transfers. I tapped it & some web page selling something launched
I have malwarebytes AV on the tablet so pretty sure it's clean
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:28 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
yesterday I connected CC to content server
( on a new PC so 1st time connecting to that IP, if that's a factor)
looked at books, selected one for download, and then a samll advert popped up- top centre small banner.

Lenovo android tablet android 5.0.1

I assume that is NOT the app's fault - some new android feature perchance?
is this going to keep happening?
I guess that the file download is what triggered it.
Also the add seemed vaguely related to ES file explorer so maybe that's the culprit and is monitoring file transfers. I tapped it & some web page selling something launched
I have malwarebytes AV on the tablet so pretty sure it's clean
CC contains no code to trigger ads and no code to talk to an ad server. We do not have an ad ID and CC does not request the ID from the phone (that requires a permission that CC doesn't have). There is nothing in the app that triggers a third-party ad unless Google has buried it in their support libraries.

My guess is that you are correct, it is ES File Explorer. Their reviews are full of complaints about recent changes in ads and UI. It is certain that it monitors changes to the file system. Personally, I got so annoyed with it popping up stuff to "help" me that I uninstalled it and switched to Amaze.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert