Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
looki
looki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Transfer Calibre Library to another PC keeping the Genre

Dear fellows,
As the title suggests, i have a problem, when i transfer the calibre folder to my new PC and add the folder to calibre.Then Calibre doesnt recognise the genre of the books. What can i do to fix it?

looki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
looki
looki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Then my question is, how can i save the genre in the metadata file?
looki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you had followed Post #2 advice, you would not be asking this question
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote