Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2007, 04:08 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzhoff View Post
Anyone with Intel Machine must use BootCamp software, which is free from Apple and provide native Windows support on Mac. And flash devices from native XP.
Although Bootcamp is free, you still have to buy a copy of XP to install on it! It's almost certainly cheaper to buy an old 2nd-hand PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:43 AM   #17
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzhoff View Post
I know Reader runs Linux and this fact lead to easy adopt Reader to use UTF8. Strange decision by Sony to keep Reader at simple Latin code table... I'm already flash my Reader with SD/MS updater patch.
The Reader supports UTF-8 and Unicode just fine. It's the fonts that include only Latin subset. If you update the fonts, you get any characters you need. There's no need to update the software. (Well, reportedly there are issues with RTL languages, but it's pretty rare to see proper software support for them anyway, when the product is not marketed in Middle East...)

Last edited by igorsk; 08-10-2007 at 04:47 AM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyafro View Post
i have a vista connect software version i found if anyone wants let me know
That would be the current version of Connect. That either comes on the CD with the reader or can be downloaded from the Connect store.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote