Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Calibre converted books won't open in BookDesigner

Posted this in Calibre section and got no help, thought I'd try here. Just to see if anyone else has at least seen the BookDesigner error I'm getting. Blackbar is across my folder layout and file name, just to be safe. Main error appears to be the stuff with question marks.

I have a ton of LRF files I've been working on fixing up and adding proper table of contents for. Problem is I try to use Calibre to convert them to .lit, since that is about the only format which keeps italics and such, but I get this error with the converted file when trying to open it in BookDesigner.

I have tried about five different LRF's and this happens, even tried various different settings in Calibre. I also get an error like this when doing LRF to a couple other formats. The only one that seems to work is FB2, problem is with that conversion all the text is bolded sometimes for some reason.

So does anyone have any recommendations or can address what the problem is here? How come all of my .lit converted files fail to open in BookDesigner with that odd error?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenie.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	55099  
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
I used to convert my epub- and mobi-files to RTF with Calibre and import that into BD. In RTF styles were preserved in version 0.6.xx of Calibre. But since version 0.7. the RTF-output is buggy. But you can try the older versions of Calibre.
Importing lit or prc into BD gave me the same error you described, but with RTF it works.
In the sony section of the forum you find a toc-editor for LRF-files, but I haven't used it and don't know if/how it works.
Maybe there is a way to convert your files to html. For my epubs I use Amber Converter to convert into html with more or less good results.

Last edited by acanthicus; 07-13-2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: typo
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert