Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Jeffy_B
Jeffy_B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
ASIN Lookup

I finally had to break my lurking and register. :P

I just can't seem to figure this out on my own, and neither the search here nor Google are much help, so I'm asking for help. If this isn't the correct forum, please move it.

I am trying to fetch metadata for some books I have imported from my Kindle. They are e-book only, so they don't have an ISBN.

I can find the ASIN, and have put it into the ID metadata field (with the "ASIN:" prefix), but it still doesn't seem to find the correct book.

Calibre is definitely checking Amazon, and is finding the correct book (as shown by the "View Log" button (attached). The problem is, it doesn't seem to actually show the correct book as an option to select in the "Downloading metadata..." dialog.

It is finding the correct book at Amazon.com, Goodreads and Barnes & Noble. However, it is only showing the one found at Douban Books.

Am I doing something wrong, or is something just "broken"?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Lookup_Log.txt (6.4 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Jeffy_B; 07-05-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added more detail...
Jeffy_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try setting the ID to amazon:B00486U7QO as opposed to ASIN:...

And interesting... as soon as I include Douban as a metadata source, like you I get the wrong book regardless of using asin: or amazon:

Last edited by PeterT; 07-05-2011 at 03:19 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Jeffy_B

Actually, I just caught that, and made the change.

Same results.

If I de-select Douban in the metadata source list of preferences, it finds the book perfectly (listing all three of the sources, with the correct info and everything).

Unfortunately, if I go back and turn Douban back on, and re-search for the book, it doesn't find the right one anymore.

It seems that Calibre is, for some reason, letting the result from Doubon over-ride results from other sources (even if there are three alternate sources that agree with one-another)...
Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Jeffy_B

After more research into this (looking for "amazon:", rather than ASIN), I found this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140210
And, more specifically, this post by kiwidude:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...70&postcount=6

It seems that it is ignoring the selections with no ISBN listed, rather than list them as an alternate to the "different" source.

At least, that is what I can surmise... Feel free to correct me.