Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
It's sad that the adobe version 2.0 does not include non-DRMed prcs *sigh*
The ePub devices which are supporting non-DRM Mobi all seem to be doing it with FBReader, and FBReader's Mobi support is pretty poor. I really don't think that anyone who'd used the Gen3 would be at all happy with it.

It's VERY easy to convert Mobi into nice-looking ePub with Calibre, and takes only seconds to do.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The ePub devices which are supporting non-DRM Mobi all seem to be doing it with FBReader, and FBReader's Mobi support is pretty poor. I really don't think that anyone who'd used the Gen3 would be at all happy with it.
I would have been happy if the Mobi version supported non-DRM ePub...
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Converting all my books was a bit a pain, but i don't care about mobi or prc anymore.
Amazon got what they where looking for.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #19
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I totally agreed with Eowyn and Harry
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #20
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
It's sad that the adobe version 2.0 does not include non-DRMed prcs *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
I totally agree with Pulp and gerraldo
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Well, as I have a lot of Mobi, and as I need my Mobi dictionaries, I'll stick to Mobi version !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #22
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
I google-translated the french booken comments and got the answer to my question - "Why are there two firmwares?"

Hello,
I have a question, Will we combine the two updates or will we choose one or the other?

Hello,
For contractual reasons beyond Bookeen, a device can support two proprietary formats simultaneously.
You can cons for changing from one to another by updating your Cybook and this as many times as you want.
Sincerely,
Bookeen team
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #23
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
BTW: Your title is a bit misleading - at first I thought this is about a dual-boot firmware tool to use ePub AND Mobi on one device.
Well, you'll have to forgive me - I was in shock...

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfranco View Post

For contractual reasons beyond Bookeen, a device can support two proprietary formats simultaneously.
can or cannot ?
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
can or cannot ?
I thought it was going to be one of those weird French implicit negations, but it's quite plain:

un appareil ne peut supporter...

a device cannot support...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #26
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
So, the epub version supports dictionaries or not?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #27
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Yep, me too.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
So, the epub version supports dictionaries or not?
Since it does not support Mobipocket, naturally it does not support Mobipocket dictionaries.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #29
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
So am I reading the blog correctly? The mobi-version will not get the PDF-enhancements?

Are those part of the ADE-deal?
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #30
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
So it looks like I'll have to buy an extra SD card.

One for the mobi-firmware, the other for the ePub one. I can de_DRM and convert all my mobi-books but then I'll loose my dictionary.
So it'll be normaly mobi and only ePub when there is no mobi available (eg the books by Joe Abbercrombie).

OK I can live with that. When the new firmware is (rather) bug-free than I'm a happy puppy
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quad-posting, whining