Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
brenda smyth
brenda smyth began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch ereader
help!!! My kobo is not working!

Hi! This is my first post! I bought my Kobo at the end of April, set it up, and began to buy books online. Shortly after that my troubles began--it would freeze and I could not move forward, backwards or even shut it down. So then I would reset it with a paper clip. Or many times, I could not start it up until I had slid the on/off button seven or eight times, then about two pages in, it would freeze again!! The other day, it turned off and I cannot get it to turn on again! I've tried plugging it into the computer to recharge it(?) -- no response. I used the old paper clip trick-- no response. Is this ereader broken or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
brenda smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
How long did you leave it plugged in to the PC to charge?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
This is not "normal" behaviour for a Touch. Even if your current issue is related to an undercharged battery, the earlier issues are not typical. Have you opened a support ticket with Kobo?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #4
brenda smyth

I'm not sure--maybe an hour or so.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
brenda smyth

umm...how do you do that?
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kobo support can be contacted at...

help@kobobooks.com or 1-855-732-3662 (8am - 12am EST)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #7
BWinmill
Nameless Being

As others have said, you should contact Kobo in case you have a defective unit.

Some advice for dealing with technical support:

Only bring up the most immediate problem. In this case, the most immediate problem is that the device does not turn on.

Don't tell them how you've tried to fix it. If they try to tell you something that you have tried, just do it again.

The reason is that most of the people who do support read a step-by-step process off the screen. Some are okay with extra details but I've found that a lot of them get impatient with extra details.

Last edited by BWinmill; 06-16-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Added advice for dealing with tech support.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:57 PM   #8
Biffaru
Biffaru began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I'm having that same problem with my kobo touch, iv contacted kobo for help.
Biffaru is offline   Reply With Quote